Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jon, just brought home a 2013 XC Tour. Couple things I had problems with driving it home from Long Island. Cruise wouldn't set, clutch slipping and front forks were very harsh on any type of big bump, ie... bridge abuttments. I'll will be posting a correcting these issues in the appropriate forums soon:)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Cruise wouldn't set = throttle cable adjustment.
Clutch slipping = clutch cable adjustment.

Front forks may be that the roads just suck or it could be that you have no air in the rear shock and you're feeling it through the bars.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
My name is Jon, just brought home a 2013 XC Tour. Couple things I had problems with driving it home from Long Island. Cruise wouldn't set, clutch slipping and front forks were very harsh on any type of big bump, ie... bridge abuttments. I'll will be posting a correcting these issues in the appropriate forums soon:)
Hello Jon and Welcome aboard! Congrats on the XCT. thumb up

Ammo_Umb is spot on with the Cruise and Clutch adjustments and he isn't far off with his observation of the LI-NY roads. I grew up on LI and they aren't great and they took a beating over the winter. But, if the Dealership didn't check the psi in the rear shock for you, it may be at zero. One-up, you'll need at least 10 pounds, depending on your body weight.

What Dealer on LI did you buy from? Mineola or Riverhead?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I did take up some slack in the throttle at the bars. Felt like there was too much slop, maybe thats why.
Clutch had to be pulled all the way to the bars and had almost 2" of free play. So I took that up so there was about 1/2 of free play. Shouldnt be slipping set there. I've been riding my entire life, so I know not to set it too tight.
Yes, the shock may need air. Its been sitting at the dealer all winter. Didnt come with a pump or owners manual for that matter. These are minor things. I really do love the bike though:grinning:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys:grin: I bought it at Formula One Motorsports.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Thank you guys:grin: I bought it at Formula One Motorsports.
Ah, Queens. Back in 2011 when I was shopping for my first Vic, I got OTD pricing from Honda of Riverhead but, I ended up buying in CT.

So are you in NY, NJ, PA?? You can add your location to your signature so other members know what State you reside in.

cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now Im replying from my phone. Tried to load a pic and it didnt come up. Nor can I get to my user cp to update. Cant even find the user cp from my phone, maybe PC only? Anyways, I'm in NH. Been riding for 40 years, since I was 6. Waited a long time to get this XC Tour:blush:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Right now Im replying from my phone. Tried to load a pic and it didnt come up. Nor can I get to my user cp to update. Cant even find the user cp from my phone, maybe PC only? Anyways, I'm in NH. Been riding for 40 years, since I was 6. Waited a long time to get this XC Tour:blush:
Live Free or Die. I'm all for that! thumb up

My cell phone is a BB and it's for work so I don't use it for this site. Can't help you there. Two-wheels have been in my blood sine 1974 when my Dad bought me a 50cc minibike for my 9th Birthday. Broke my left pinky and sprained my ankle the next day, when i hit a split rail fence. :ltr:

A good number of Forum members from the NE are going to the Vic Demo truck event next weekend in Foxboro, MA. The Vic/Indian dealer there hosts a really good Open House with free BBQ on Sat and Sun. A few members have Dyno-Tune appointments with Kyle of KMC Powersports on Sunday. Maybe we'll see you there!

cheers

·
12,968 Posts
John
make a list and go back to dealer ask them to fix it.
How long you been riding do you do your own wrenching.
Once you get more miles under your belt you'll like the bike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like fun:grin: It already has the tri ovals on it, but I dont think original ower did the whole kit. Fuel injection feels factory sloppy. I've heard the air filter and reflash make a big difference. Havent actually checked for sure yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vision... Been riding since age 6, 40 years. Raced motocross for 10 and was a mechanic at a bike shop for a few years until I changed careers. Pretty capable, just got it home last night, so haven't had time to go thru it yet. Bought it used with 12k on it for $14,500, no warranty really and the dealer is 5 hrs away. I'll straighten it all out:grinning:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow up

As promised, here are some pics of the XCT I just brought home. Got the cruise figured out, I was hitting "set" too early. There was no air in the shock, set it at 30 for now. Clutch is still slipping, but haven't really tended to that yet.wac

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Gorgeous bike! You got the right color :D :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice ride man!! How do you like the Ultimate seat vs stock one? And no cats? Hard to do? Better sound? I have the Tri ovals but I don't think the air filter and reflash was done.:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Booty , after your bike sits overnight cold , adjust your clutch freeplay so at your lever you have 2-3 mm of free play . you don't need much ... If your clutch us still slipping at this setting , a new clutch may be in order . You need a 13 and a 14 mm wrench to adjust . Good luck !cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Nice ride man!! How do you like the Ultimate seat vs stock one? And no cats? Hard to do? Better sound? I have the Tri ovals but I don't think the air filter and reflash was done.:cool:
Do NOT remove your cats. I did in a fit of "me too me too" stupidity and I regret it. The cats on these XC bikes are so well designed, you will lose low-end torque if you don't have it tuned. I am keeping my eyes open for a set of cats to put back in, but haven't been lucky though. The sound is OK, but I have stock mufflers (I don't like very loud pipes). I do like the tri-ovals but they are a bit too pricy for me.

The OEM seat was one of the better seats I have ever used, but the Ultimate is even better. There are many different manufacturers tho, so do your research.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info on the cats. I adjusted the clutch cold so there is about 1/2" of free play at the end of the lever. Still slipping and shouldn't be. Now... Don't beat me up for saying this. OIL? I just got this thing and I have no idea what's in it for sure. Should I change it and the filter and see if it's better?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks for the info on the cats. I adjusted the clutch cold so there is about 1/2" of free play at the end of the lever. Still slipping and shouldn't be. Now... Don't beat me up for saying this. OIL? I just got this thing and I have no idea what's in it for sure. Should I change it and the filter and see if it's better?
1/2" WAY TOO MUCH ! But , even so , with that much it should not be slipping , or shifting for that matter .:D 2-3mm tops at the lever .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts