Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just took delivery of 2013 VV in the gold mist n bronze metallic
yesterday. I am liking this bike, really a pleasure to ride.

I had the dealer replace the standard aux cable with the 30 pin ipod cable. My understanding was that cable will also charge my iphone.
Plays tunes as expected but does not seem to be charging the iphone.
Not sure if the version matters, its a 3G iphone.

Is anyone using that cable to charge their phone or other 30 pin devices?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I also took delivery of a 2013 vv gold mist I had to get the 30 pin cable as well it does charge my 3G iphone only when the key is in the on or acc position .hope this helps

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I also took delivery of a 2013 vv gold mist I had to get the 30 pin cable as well it does charge my 3G iphone only when the key is in the on or acc position .hope this helps
Thanks much. I will check the charge icon again to make sure its working properly. See you on the byways of NH. Give a wave! :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Have not had any issues, leave an Ipod plugged in and when I was using a 4S charged it as well. Been aiming to get one of the USB/Lighter plug adapters for the trunk to just plug any USB in with. The 30pin cable plugs into 2 differnt cables which you should be able to see to the left of your console. Make sure they are both connected well. One thing I have learned owning a Vision is every time I take a connector apart I lube it up with Dielectric grease. Has reduced my heavy rain annomolies to almost none.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not had any issues, leave an Ipod plugged in and when I was using a 4S charged it as well. Been aiming to get one of the USB/Lighter plug adapters for the trunk to just plug any USB in with. The 30pin cable plugs into 2 differnt cables which you should be able to see to the left of your console. Make sure they are both connected well. One thing I have learned owning a Vision is every time I take a connector apart I lube it up with Dielectric grease. Has reduced my heavy rain annomolies to almost none.
Thanks Tims, I will check to see if both connectors are secure. Otherwise the dealer will handle it on the first service check.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to confirm the dealer did find that one of the plugs not inserted when I brought it in for the first service.
Works like a charm when everything is connected!

They also installed the GPS mount and audio integration installed for my Zumo 660. All works well now.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Good to hear Pete. Was hoping that was all it was.. You figure out how to set up your playlists so you can use your console to speed select? Playlist name= 02 Easy Riding syncs with button two on console and 03, etc... Just checking, took me a while to figure that one out but sure like it going down the road.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips on the playlist selector. I just reloaded a couple and will have to try.
Also tried streaming Pandora music app and with good cellular it's very good.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks for the tips on the playlist selector. I just reloaded a couple and will have to try.
Also tried streaming Pandora music app and with good cellular it's very good.
Hmmmm, I havent thought of trying that for some reason... Next up!

·
Registered
483 Posts
i pod cable part # anyone? i need to upgrade to this cable
Be carful. There are two different cables depending on the bike year. One is a powered cable and the other is not. Meaning one will power and play your Apple device while the other will only play it.

Reactions: Imdman

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
There are a lot of threads on this forum and GOOD information regarding iPod nano ..... I had a world of trouble getting it to work on my CCT, but all the good forum members guided me into the right direction of solving the SAGA of music on a victory.... Do some searching

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes its a 2013 vision tour need to update sig. I am hoping to run the I phone 6 now
Would you be interested in a Bluetooth setup? I guarantee it will be cheaper than the iPod connector.

·
Registered
483 Posts
what are you thinking? I have sena headsets now but want to connect to bike at times
I have a few headsets too. I set my phone to connect to the headset for calls and to the bike for media.

Both of my bikes have Bluetooth receivers that pair with my phone. Now you can't control the tracks through this but I have a fix for that too.

On my 13 I first added a USB cigarette plug adapter.

I like this one as it doesn't stick out much so it gives more room in the glove box I also have one in my trunk so when it's not in use it doesn't catch on things.

I then added a USB Bluetooth receiver. This will draw power from the USB cigarette plug adapter.

Mine is not available but this is similar. Mine was $9 bucks and has worked perfectly for years now.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-CHENJINWD-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B075ZWTMV8/ref=sr_1_16?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513198619&sr=1-16&keywords=USB+bluetooth+receiver[/ame]

Then you simply plug the AUX cable from the bike into the Bluetooth receiver. Pair your phone, put the stereo on AUX, and you're off.

Now to control the tracks on my 13 I added this to the bars. It comes with a rubber holder that grabs the bar and makes it super easy to pop on and off. I've sprayed it and it's been rained on and still works fine. I try to prevent that though so if it rains I just pop it off and throw it in my dash bag.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Button-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00RM75NL0/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1513198931&sr=1-4&keywords=Bluetooth+Remote[/ame]

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
483 Posts
thanks I will order up some of these gadgets. How do you make phone switch between headset for calls and bike for media?
When your phone is connected to the headset go into your Bluetooth settings. There you should be able to easily change the settings of each Bluetooth device. You have to be connected to the device you wish to make changes to.

Headset - turn phone on, and media off.

Then when connected to the Bluetooth receiver do the same thing but opposite.

Bluetooth receiver - turn media on, and phone off.

That should get you fixed up and from then on it is pretty much automatic. My headsets always connect to my phone and so does my receiver but occasionally I have to go into my Bluetooth device list and select it. I'm on Android though so you may have some minor differences.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
539 Posts
We just took delivery of 2013 VV in the gold mist n bronze metallic
yesterday. I am liking this bike, really a pleasure to ride.

I had the dealer replace the standard aux cable with the 30 pin ipod cable. My understanding was that cable will also charge my iphone.
Plays tunes as expected but does not seem to be charging the iphone.
Not sure if the version matters, its a 3G iphone.

Is anyone using that cable to charge their phone or other 30 pin devices?
I had the IPOD cable on my 2013 vision part #2878628, it would charge my IPhone when the bike was on. I used it with an IPhone 4 and 5. I have since sold it to another member of the forum as I have a IPhone 6 which uses the lightning plug.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts