Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been switching over to a 300 tire with a 10.5" wheel. I am almost done.....There is enough space between the belt and tire to see through that's about it!!! I will post more of the finished product :D :D :Dcheers

PS I have no idea why the pictures are all sideways Ive flipped them every which way but no luck :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looking good ! Did you slice off the loop ? Hard to tell on my computer .....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Looks awesome Gcash thumb up
What tire did you go with?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
GMan , got any close ups of your work , or pics of your grinding work on the brake line boss? More pics if possible !:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have more pics but they wont upload for some reason, Ill keep trying. The break line I am currently figuring a way to feed it through my chrome oil filter cover....its -27 deg celsius here so I will be waiting to go back out in my garage :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I was going to say , judging by your brown monkey suit and gloves , it looks Coooooold , there LOL!:D Getting a foot or more of snow here tomorrow .:(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wounder if he will look like this
Hahahaha I might....but my hair isnt that long :D

I didnt get any studs for my new wheel where I bought it and Victory wanted $70 for the 5 studs...A little ridiculous so I went with bolts that my chrome caps still fit over and they are the same strength as the studs that Vic uses for the 05 Hammer. Only paid $15 and thats including some locktite!

·
12,970 Posts
It takes guys a long time that hardware stores auto part store sell the equivalent to what Vis sells.
I worked for a local H-D dealer selling parts and you would not believe how many came in for turn signal bulbs. Of coarse they only went past three dozen places that sold the same bulb for a lot less.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Looking great Gcash- keep the pics coming. I've only done about 300 miles on my new Avons, but so far I think it has better feel than the Metzelers. Heaps better than the dunlops.

That photo of your old rear tire (the visionjohnny "upright" photos)- you've either got a lot of left handers around your place lol, or the photo doesnt show the left hand side properly :) nice big bald patch in the middle though- that's those dunlops for you.......

Hey I notice you are wearing overalls- is that because it's so freaking cold?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The 300 makes the 250 look minuscule , to say the least .....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yup. Sit's a good 2" higher too.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Actually G , is your old one a Metz 240 ? Looks smaller then my Dunlop ....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It takes guys a long time that hardware stores auto part store sell the equivalent to what Vis sells.
I worked for a local H-D dealer selling parts and you would not believe how many came in for turn signal bulbs. Of coarse they only went past three dozen places that sold the same bulb for a lot less.
Man it took me all day to find bolts that were appropriate for what I needed. Checked all auto parts stores (they told me to check with companies that sell compressor parts for bolts I need :S) finally home depot was the place that had what I needed and I was giving up!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking great Gcash- keep the pics coming. I've only done about 300 miles on my new Avons, but so far I think it has better feel than the Metzelers. Heaps better than the dunlops.

That photo of your old rear tire (the visionjohnny "upright" photos)- you've either got a lot of left handers around your place lol, or the photo doesnt show the left hand side properly :) nice big bald patch in the middle though- that's those dunlops for you.......

Hey I notice you are wearing overalls- is that because it's so freaking cold?
Ya I was noticed that awhile ago Kris when I had bought the bike the tire was already deformed looking and I thought the wear pattern was very odd. Thats actually my brother in the overalls but yes it is FREEZING cold here...-27 deg celsius today

1 - 20 of 137 Posts