Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I have to make 2 posts before being granted all access so bare with me and hopefully the moderators will move this to the hammer section. I have a 07 Hammer S and my winter project was to add a 300mm rear tire to it with some other useful ideas. I purchased my 10.5" rear rim and matching pulley from Witchdoctor. I have cut off the frame loop under the fender, ground down the left side swing arm, moved the necessary wiring under the fender and had to make a .125" spacer to space the rear pulley out. Not being happy with the way the brake line was routed, and noticing that there was a small boss on the bottom of the swing arm. I drilled and tapped the boss and used the factory clip after trimming it a little. Since I do most of my riding with my girlfriend on the back, and occasionally bottoming the rear suspention out I had to come up with a remedy. I just happened to stumble upon a rear air shock off a 2010 cross country, took some measurements and noticed it would fit with just making new spacers for the bottom. This is the best thing I've done to this bike, no more bottoming out on pot holes and I can adjust the air pressure for different riding styles . But I need to add that it will lower your bike 1.5" so I had to put my factory links back on since I had 1.5" lowering links.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Great job Dieseldork- great looking bike you got there too man thumb up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...... All winter I was reading all the other threads about putting a 300 on my bike gather ideas and I noticed a lot of people wantingto lower their bike but worried bottoming the suspension out with a passenger on the back and just wanted everyone to see what I came up with that works for my bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that I also purchased the Victory air pump and leave it hooked up under the seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts