Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have the 4 inch controls installed, having an issue with the brake lines. The stock banjo fitting into the t block is awkward and the new line is rather long. Could someone post a picture of how they installed theirs? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I loosened the banjo bolt when I installed my forward control brackets, it allowed me to adjust the brake line to the angle I thought was best. Just remembered you have to bleed the rear brake if you crack the banjo bolt loose....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But with the 4 inch, it comes with the t block and a new hose. I just want an idea what it looks like with this kit. It just seems there is a lot of slack with the new hose. I want it to look clean and with this setup, just not seeing how it will.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I installed a 2 inch homeade kit, so I was able to keep all stock parts. Do you have a pic of how much brake line you need hide?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Depending on how much longer the new brake line is you should be able to get rid of some by pulling rearward on the brake line along the lower frame...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't do that. The 4 inch kit comes with a t block the stock hose connects to and the new hose goes to the master cylinder from that block. So, I am just looking for pictures to see how someone installed theirs.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Gotcha, Along the lower frame rail there is 3 tabs holding the stock brake line to the bike, loosen all 3 bolts and pull rearward and tighten back up.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll just work on it tomorrow and hope to find a happy median.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I got it all figured out and installed to my liking. But, I bled the rear brake and now it takes much more pressure on the rear brake. Is this normal? How do I get it back to normal(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts