Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I watched the short video. I can see this scene happening somewhere...."but Honey, it followed me home!" :)

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Sure is amazing what can be done with gyros and electronics. Who knows, maybe someday in the not too distant future, we'll see this trickling down on a few bikes.

Who wouldn't want heir motorcycle trying to follow them into a hotel or the house. Only to then turn around and tell it to: "Go Park Yourself." "And don't forget to put your umbrella up!"

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Some of the new motorcross bikes are now going to the ultra powerful but super small lithium ion battery's, the 2018 YZ450F battery is about the size of a pack of cigarettes but its retail price is Four Franklins.

I can only imagine how much some of those components must cost if they need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
IMHO, items like this won't remain for 'the guy that falls over' for long. Like seat belts, airbags and blind spot cameras/indicators, these things will mostly become standard equipment within a few years of being available as options. The gyro system that keeps this Honda from falling over isn't brand new. Honda has been doing similar things in robotics for years. These systems will certainly continue to grow in effectiveness and efficiency. Of course as they become readily available (affordable) the costs will come down dramatically.

It's a rather short trip to front cameras and sensors being employed on many vehicles for crash avoidance. Not just the driverless ones. The driverless vehicles will be showing up more and more in the near future. Within 10 years we'll essentially have Goerge Jetson's vehicle as an option for the ultra wealthy. Within 10 years of that the technology trickles down as an affordable option for many more. It's a short road to it being standard fare after that. The key is mass acceptance of new technology.

Aesthetically, Polaris came out with George's motorcycle as the Victory Vision years ago. It's about time the operation technology catches up with the looks.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts