Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to ride the XC this weekend. The day was great except the wind was nuts! The better half and I rode to Cedar Key and on the way we rode into wind with 40-45 mph cross winds. The bike handled well but I'm glad the lanes are 8 1/2 ft wide! I can't wait until there is another wind screen in the aftermarket because I definitely need something taller. Riding into the wind was not a lot of fun...The ride back, with the wind, was great! We could hear the stereo and only had to contend with the sneak attacks from the breaks in the trees. I love this bike and it tis the best choice I've made and the girl friend agrees. She just can't wait until the backrest comes in!:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cedar key ride soon

Live in Morriston , looking forward to Cedar Key ride when i pick up our new CC. Soon I hope, dealer ordered a taller windscreen, as i got way too much buffeting with the short one. Won't be picking it up until then.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Finally got to ride the XC this weekend. The day was great except the wind was nuts! The better half and I rode to Cedar Key and on the way we rode into wind with 40-45 mph cross winds. The bike handled well but I'm glad the lanes are 8 1/2 ft wide! I can't wait until there is another wind screen in the aftermarket because I definitely need something taller. Riding into the wind was not a lot of fun...The ride back, with the wind, was great! We could hear the stereo and only had to contend with the sneak attacks from the breaks in the trees. I love this bike and it tis the best choice I've made and the girl friend agrees. She just can't wait until the backrest comes in!:D
Uhhhhhhhhh...Cee Bailey has windscreens that been out for some time now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
windscreen

Yes, saw the date stamp. The taller windscreen is a condition of sale. I'am coming off a wing, with no buffeting. test rode with the short stock screen and buffeting was so bad i only rode a short distance, could not keep my glasses in place. made a deal with Dealer, signed papers with the clause that if new windshield did not fix the problem deal is null and void. No additional cost for taller shield. I'm hoping it does.
This forum is great, tons of info and advice.
Thanks...

·
Registered
221 Posts
For taller windshields, check out www.7jurock.com
Cheaper than Cee Baileys also. similiar quality

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
For taller windshields, check out www.7jurock.com
Cheaper than Cee Baileys also. similiar quality
Good to know. Bookmarked. Another shield maker is Gustafsson.

http://www.bikescreen.com/categories.asp

I'm leaning toward the dark grey Cee Baileys with the dark grey lowers they have using the Memphis Shades mount.

I just can't see paying $300 freakin' bucks for little plastic lowers and mounts. That's so far over the top ...

I'm just glad there are so many options these days compared to when this thread was started.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yes, saw the date stamp. The taller windscreen is a condition of sale. I'am coming off a wing, with no buffeting. test rode with the short stock screen and buffeting was so bad i only rode a short distance, could not keep my glasses in place. made a deal with Dealer, signed papers with the clause that if new windshield did not fix the problem deal is null and void. No additional cost for taller shield. I'm hoping it does.
This forum is great, tons of info and advice.
Thanks...
*LOL*I was only talking to Diamond on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts