Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new here, please bear with me if these are stupid questions. I was checking the fuses and relays on my 2001 V92C (11k mi) because I've been having problems with it lurching/missing at around 1500 RPM on the highway in 5th gear. After I took off the right side cover for the fuses, I noticed a white 5-prong plug that isn;t plugged into anything. It's at the bottom left of the fuse/relay housing. Should this be plugged into something? I attached a picture so you can see it, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not sure what the plug is, but you are lugging the engine down to low in rpm's. keep the engine revved up and you should be ok.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought at first too. I've been reading how the Victory's like to ride at higher RPM but the manual says I should be shifting into 5th around 55-60mph and that puts me roughly at 1500 RPM. It seems like it idles too low also so I need to adjust that. I'm having a diagnostic run on it tomorrow because everything I've been reading has indicated it could anything from the speed sensor, TPS, fuel filter, air filter, dirty throttle body's, etc.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's the plug for the diagnostic lamp-it's also where you can jumper the pins (B & E) to reset the TPS. I believe its a Ford ranger trailer plug that fits it and you can make your own tool for setting/adjusting the TPS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the Tach was kaput so now that is working correctly, it's doing the lurching between 3500-4000rpm. I'm cleaning the throttle body this weekend and if that doesn't work, I'll pick up a new TPS and try that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I know this one. toilet paper system, no wait.... third person shooter? Noo... Throttle Position Sensor, yeah that's it.

I just wanted to say toilet paper :)

·
13,027 Posts
White plug is for kickstand safety switch used in foreign countries.

After you clean throttle body put in new spark plugs. Auto store NGK p/n 5958 that should cross to CPR6EB=9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts