Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks. I have been looking for better than 2 weeks now for a write up somewhere that had pics showing a 5 volt connection under the fairing. i have only had the headlight out on mine and forgot to pin out the voltage to the couple connectors that are "free" Thinking I am going to build my own bluetooth xmit harness and GPS harness, and will need 5v power for the GPS when plugged in and to keep the BT xmitter charged.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Part of this worked OK. I got a voltage reducer/charger with the correct plugs off e-bay. One has the micro usb I think they call it for phones and one is a mini 5 p I think? Anyways for a garmin GPS. The GPS side seems to charge OK. Have tried 2 phones on the micro connector and neither will charge. Both phones have sad something about incorrect charger. One phone was an LG the other a Samsung. Dang for now back to the freaking plug in charger.
So it is this charger and I bought cables that plug into it to convert to the plugs I needed. Maybe one lead is bad??

·
Registered
173 Posts
djh3,
The part you have a picture of has 2 standard USB female connections @1.5A each. I don't see mini USB or 5 pin anywhere. Wrong image? Or were you talking about the cable to feed the devices?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this is same item listed by the fellow when I go into things I have bought. Shows as 12v to 5v 3a double USB.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, one of the USB lines could be bad. Swap them and see if the phone charges and the GPS does not.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that was kind of my next plan of attack. But just aint got roundtuit. I need to look up also what kind of connector is under the same area for 12v power. I have some front aux lights connected to it (a gray one) But the wires are just sort of jammed in the pin area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts