Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent an hour this morning adjusting my belt to perfection , to the exact factory specs of 6mm deflection at 10lbs with my gauge , now I'm 50 miles from home and my belt is binding . I adjusted it at it's tightest point per the factory manual . Now I'm stuck and pissed and hopefully nothing is fried ... Now I have to figure out how to loosen it before I can ride , I'm fucked right now . Thanks for the belt specs victory , you suck .

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
6mm? That seems awfully tight to me (even though I have an aluminum-framed bike). Where are you? any hardware stores near you?

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I'm scratching my head trying to figure how that happens. Got tools?
Like he sez, that does seem awfully tight. X bikes call for about 1-1/4" of slop.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All 8 ball models 6mm all others 12 mm , I have all the tools I need except for a 27 mm socket and a half in drive ratchet/ breaker bar .... I hope I didn't wreck something .... At a place having a quick sandwich trying to gather my thoughts , I'm so mad right now . I put it right to spec , and I didn't lose a finger this time either .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evidently when everything warms up the belt gets much tighter ...this is my last day of vacation and wanted to take a nice ride to the coast and now this ....

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Do you have towing service? If you don't think you do, call your insurance agent and see if your policy includes it. If it does, then you can fix it at home or at a shop. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
PM me with your address and I'll see if there is a hardware store near you...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A guy here says there is a napa store down the road , I will go there and see if they have the tools I need to loosen it up a bit

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
PM me with your address and I'll see if there is a hardware store near you...
Why PM? Let him post it here, there may be a member lurking who is in his neighborhood and can come to his rescue.

·
12,972 Posts
Is there some place you can borrow a crescent wrench to get axle loose.
Just get play and belt and ride home no hot roding to you get readjusted.

Vic never says you should take into account how much weight will be sitting on bike.
Running on the loose side is better then tight.

·
Registered
640 Posts
that friggin sucks dude...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks vj I'm working on a solution as I down my second beer

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I loosen the nut , then back off the adjusters 1/2 turn each I an hoping I will be good .....

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Two beers would have me too drunk to ride or even walk, unless its that pee colored stuff.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
If I loosen the nut , then back off the adjusters 1/2 turn each I an hoping I will be good .....
If a half turn is good, a whole turn would be better. Like VJ sez, looser is gooder.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SAMs Summer ale , I like it ... To add insult to injury my onion rings were really greasy , I didn't eat them . If I have 7 or 8 eight more , I probably shouldn't ride either , but my anger is offsetting a couple of beers.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If a half turn is good, a whole turn would be better. Like VJ sez, looser is gooder.
3/4 it is ! Doing this on a iPhone 4 sucks I might add ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heading to napa now , I hope I can borrow rather then buy......I have every thing else I will need to do it with me .... Great way to end the vacation I guess

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Why PM? Let him post it here, there may be a member lurking who is in his neighborhood and can come to his rescue.
Well, you know, some folks are kinda sensitive to that stuff...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts