Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just traded my Stratoliner in for a Victory CC. On my Yamaha stratoliner I put a aftermarket fairing on it and had no issues with buffering at all.

I have read the threads about the buffering. I want to know what Guys my height do to fix this issue. I have a few long trips planned and want to get this figured out.

the wind feels like its coming from underneath the fairing. So would lowers help ? or is it coming form the fairing and a New windshield will help ?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
the wind feels like its coming from underneath the fairing.
It is.

So would lowers help ? or is it coming form the fairing and a New windshield will help ?
Yes.

I bought a tall windshield for my XR with built in lowers. I had the Vic fork mounted lowers on my bike prior to buying the new screen and they cut down on it substantially.

Madstad windscreens are also a popular mod. They allow air under the windscreen that prevents a big pressure difference at the top of the windscreen.

My lowers are collecting dust now. If you want to give them a shot I can make you a good deal on them. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Okay I just traded my Stratoliner in for a Victory CC. On my Yamaha stratoliner I put a aftermarket fairing on it and had no issues with buffering at all.

I have read the threads about the buffering. I want to know what Guys my height do to fix this issue. I have a few long trips planned and want to get this figured out.

the wind feels like its coming from underneath the fairing. So would lowers help ? or is it coming form the fairing and a New windshield will help ?
Which bars do you have? Round crash bars or the forged?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hmm then yes i would look into some lowers, im 6'3 and run a klockwerx flare shield and traded my forged bars for round and got rid of most of the low buffetting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm going to start with Lowers and go from there.
I really hope this doesn't break the bank trying to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
There is a member here making and selling fork mounted lowers, i believe he will paint match factory colors also, you would have to double check that though, Goody? something is his name here. Look to do the trick and very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
152 Posts
krazykayak-

I have, or actually had buffetting issues also. I'm 5'7, have a XC (non-tour), and here's what I have done so far to mitigate the buffetting. My bike has the round tubular bars. Prior to the following, my sunglasses would almost fly off my face at anything over 60 mph...

1. I added a klockwerks flare windshield. I still had some buffetting, and only noticed a slight reduction after adding the klockwerks.

2. I then added the madstad bracket system to the klockwerks flare, and it dropped my buffetting about 75%. Yes, I was amazed how much the madstad system worked!!

I am still getting a little dirty air coming from underneath the fairing. So, here's what I'm in the process of doing now.

3. I've added the Victory fairing wind deflectors, and have the OEM hard lowers on order.

After all this my buffetting should be almost non existent.

Good luck in your quest and ride safe!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I still have a like new 13" medium tint windshield for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm a little taller (6'1) than you but I went with the Madstad system and it made a huge difference. I also put on the Ness lowers (got a good deal on a used set). Between those two things the buffeting problem has been solved. I can ride 80 mph down the Interstate and actually read the signs again :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after looking around and really disliking the look of the Madstad system I was on the fence between Klockwerks and Gustaffson.

So I did some research and it seems the klockworks is no better than stock for wind but better in looks

I decided to get the Gustaffson +1. I received this part yesterday installed and went for a ride. This was a great choice as the buffering is almost gone completely. I will be ordering goody's lowers to go hand and hand with these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts