Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking to add speaker lids to my XC. Im looking @ Vtwin and Rusty Jones lids. Who has these and how was your experience with them? How is the quality? How well did they fit? Did you have to do any mods to make them work? Anyone suggest any other lids?(I dont like the magnum lids) Build pics would be cool. Thks

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Go with Rusty's. 600 paint marched to your door. Bolt right in. VTins use and internal baffle/box to mount the speakers and steals way too much bag space. Drops the speakers down into your bags.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Go with Rusty's. 600 paint marched to your door. Bolt right in. VTins use and internal baffle/box to mount the speakers and steals way too much bag space. Drops the speakers down into your bags.

+1 on what Dan is saying... I seen the Vtwin lids in person and they are bulky on the underside. I don't think those boxes are necessary in a sealed bag.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thks for the info ill be giving Rusty a call soon

·
Registered
55 Posts
$600 to the door? Is there a sale i missed, i just looked and it says $499.99, plus paint which is $250-450 depending on color.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I see they are $399 but that's bare finished not painted to match...if they will paint them to match for $600 total (lids+paint) that's a pretty good deal? I like the way these look compared to the Victory speaker lids being offered by Victory

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I dont like the goofy shape of the grills on the Vic lids. If they would have made the oval, circular or even square I would have went with them but I just cant get past those grills

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah I dont like the goofy shape of the grills on the Vic lids. If they would have made the oval, circular or even square I would have went with them but I just cant get past those grills

Same here they take up so much of the saddlebag lid. Not to mention they haven't posted a pic of one in my color yet. Then they look like they all have a chrome trim piece when a lot of our XCs are matte paint and black forks?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
They now come in a black trim around the grill. I have a Gloss black bike with the Magnum lids and painted the grill trim to match. Looks great.

Personally I like the flush look and unique shape of the grill. It's very concealed and does not bubble out yelling to the world look at my speakers. The shape of a 6x9 speaker fits the lids better and the performance in sound is excellent. You can go co-ax or component thanks to Victory. The after market bulbous look of some lids I have seen look kind of......well......ghetto. Especially with some of the grill designs that come with an after market 6.5.

·
Registered
209 Posts
They now come in a black trim around the grill. I have a Gloss black bike with the Magnum lids and painted the grill trim to match.

Do ya have a pic? And you say they now offer a choice in the trim? Is it a flat black? I've only seen the chrome trim. And have yet to see the speaker lids in the suede nuclear sunset color?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Just order like you are ordering for a Magnum X1 delete the rear amp and get yourself a good 4 channel amp and a set of Hertz HCX6.5's for the fairing. You can use the 6X9 components that come with the lids for now (they actually sound decent). Our Victory site sponsor Paul from Honda East can help you and you will get a 20%discount to boot. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Not to mention they haven't posted a pic of one in my color yet. Then they look like they all have a chrome trim piece when a lot of our XCs are matte paint and black forks��

This pisses me off too , I want bag rails and they only come in chrome ...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does anyone know if this is true $600 paint matched to your door? I can't find anything on their site to see total cost.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sounds about right in price.

I would get them raw personally and have them painted along with the bags. From what I have seen the aftermarket painting is close but not perfect, definitely visible. I would have the bags sprayed with them too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds about right in price.

I would get them raw personally and have them painted along with the bags. From what I have seen the aftermarket painting is close but not perfect, definitely visible. I would have the bags sprayed with them too.

Yeah I guess if I bought them raw and paid to have lids and bags painted it would still come out to about the same price as just the lids. I see what you're saying about the aftermarket paint being slightly off I can tell the difference between the bag fillers and the rest of the bike. It's subtle that most probably wouldn't take notice but I do lol.
I see ya broke down and decided to go with bag lids. Can't wait to see your bike once it's all put back together.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
This pisses me off too , I want bag rails and they only come in chrome ...
Squirrel!
What do bag rails have to do with speaker selection.... unless you are talking about the ones on TOP of the saddlebag that may impact speaker placement? If that is what you seek there is a pair of black saddlebag LID bars for sale on the FB Victory Buy, Sell Trade.

If you are looking for the crash bar bag rails that go underneath the bags then simply have them powder coated.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts