Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the local shop install the travel limiters in my forks today. Got her home and when putting it away I noticed a honking type sound coming from the front right shock when compressed. Anyone ever experience front fork noise before?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
any leakage? I would think it would be air too.. Might want to check bolts and seals and if everything is to spec and no leakage.. may need to take it back

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To clarify, it is not ridiculously loud. I would likely never hear it when riding. I hear it when compressing the front by hand when the bike is not running.

I had only noticed it because I was pushing down to compress the shock seeing how much travel was lost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
my best guess would be if it only squeaked one time that they didn't have the limiting spacer all away seated at one end and when you compressed it it slid into its final location.
if it is a continual noise I would think that they might have spilled a little bit of fork oil whenever they were taking the forks apart and just put the oil that they had back in the fork tubes and that little bit of extra fluid that is missing has created an air pocket that is squeaking through the valving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts