Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself here. Bought an '07 Hammer about 6 months ago, and now with about 1500 miles under my butt I figured I would introduce myself. Enjoying it as often as possible, and only wish that I had done it sooner!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've been on my Vic about 7 months....I love it too!! Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice bike. Recommend you update your profile to show where you are located, Bike details in the signature, etc.

·
Registered
396 Posts
open loop fuel injection,dual discs up front,brembo
brakes,07 was a good year for vic.
enjoy the ride!thumb up

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! She's been flawless for two and a half years until today. Won't fire. Turns over, I have spark, and I can hear the fuel pump, but won't ignite. Going to do a little digging in the forums.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself here. Bought an '07 Hammer about 6 months ago, and now with about 1500 miles under my butt I figured I would introduce myself. Enjoying it as often as possible, and only wish that I had done it sooner!

Great bike ya got there mate!!!
Love the Hammer front ends, USD and twin discs!
Love that front on my Vegas!

·
13,262 Posts
Thanks everyone! She's been flawless for two and a half years until today. Won't fire. Turns over, I have spark, and I can hear the fuel pump, but won't ignite. Going to do a little digging in the forums.
do a fuel pump test. Auto parts store will rent you a tester. The vic shop can rebuild your pump if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOJWC2Xrs8

·
13,262 Posts
By the way that long ass bridge that goes over the water is great at sunset

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do a fuel pump test. Auto parts store will rent you a tester. The vic shop can rebuild your pump if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOJWC2Xrs8
Sorry, I didn't see your response until just now. That's exactly what the problem was. The fuel pump was only putting out 12 psi. It is at The Vic Shop now.

Yes, the long ass bridge (Causeway) is nice at sunset, but where I-10 goes over the edge of the same lake about 10 miles west is even better! Check it out next time you're in town. You are riding with the lake on one side and the swamp on the other. The sun sets into the swamp. I may have a picture that I can post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just want to give a shout out to Rylan with Welcome to the Vic Shop. My fuel pump went out on my '07 Hammer, and he was able to rebuild it for significantly less than the cost of a new one. Mailed it off and had it back within a week, and she's running like a champ again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts