Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a 7deg rake (Mortons) for my 2013 Jackpot, seems a big debate over geometry/trail & handling, I have a 21" front wheel now & am of the understanding moving the front wheel 6" forward would be within the allowable trail to not affect handling/ corners, some conflicting information suggesting I would need 23" or 26' to maintain proper handling, yet I see allot of pictures of 7 & 45 with what appears to be the stock 21' wheel, any experience here?
every time i pursue this question, answers revolve around changing the wheel to 23' or 26' & not the rake, I'm looking at changing the rake a little & not the wheel, all the dealers list this part as "not affecting handling" though I'm hearing different here & there.
in fact, I'm seeing the 7 deg rake is advertised to ALLOW one to install a 21"/23" 0n (replacing a 18" im assuming.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the rake kit on my '07 Corey Ness Jack and I want to remove it and take the front end back to stock. Maybe we can work out a deal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the Kewlmetal 45* kit on my 2008 JP. It does adversely affect handling at low speeds but it's still very rideable. It has minimal affect on handling at any moderate speeds. If you want the JP to handle it's best, stay stock. If you're looking to have a cooler look and not caring much about some diminished handling, then go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts