Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Do hypotheticals count?
I *wish* I were going, and I want to see EVERYTHING! :D :D

Reactions: MonsterMash

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I left today at about noon for Daytona and got home tonight at about 9:00. I went with two friends and we had about a 90 minute ride to get there. It was way too crowded from my tastes. We went Destination Daytona and the Iron Horse - not even the busiest areas. Drank some beer, watched some people, ate some food, and bought a t-shirt. No pics so guess it didn't happen I liked the much smaller Leesburg, FL bikefest a lot better. It is a lot closer and a lot less crowded.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: PaiN

·
Registered
92 Posts
I left today at about noon for Daytona and got home tonight at about 9:00. I went with two friends and we had about a 90 minute ride to get there. It was way too crowded from my tastes. We went Destination Daytona and the Iron Horse - not even the busiest areas. Drank some beer, watched some people, ate some food, and bought a t-shirt. No pics so guess it didn't happen I liked the much smaller Leesburg, FL bikefest a lot better. It is a lot closer and a lot less crowded.

G'day,

Vinish
The wife and I went to the speedway and saw the new Victory Octane and watched the Victory guys do burn outs on 2 Cross Countrys with 170 HP engines, it was a great show, but it got very crowded after about 11:30 am. so we left and did a demo ride on the new Spyder F3-T.
Toby

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

G'day,

Vinish
Probably going up Saturday. Usually hit Destination and the speedway. I stay off the beach, last time I spent 10 min to get thru a light so to heck with that. Leesburg seems to be getting bigger every year. The "small feel" is about gone. Trying to find any parking without paying is about impossible.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I'm with you Vinish, too many people in one place for me at these bike rallies. I usually take some time of to hit Laconia Bike Week but a few hours spent there is enough, I go for the riding around the area and that is what I spend my time doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went down from St. Marys, GA yesterday. Got to Destination Daytona about 9:30 and spent about 2 hours there - had an early lunch and got the Night Shades Ellipse Trim for my Memphis Shades Batwing. Went to the speedway and spent about 2 hours there - got a set of Kuryakyn Heavy Industry Mirrors in Black. Went downtown and spent about 2 hours there - went to the Indian/Victory dealer, had an early dinner and got my T-shirt, patch, pin and shotglass. Even got a little more sun than I anticipated. 2 hour ride each way and 1 wonderful day - PRICELESS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts