Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided on a new windshield for my 12 XCT and ordered a 7jurock. Well it came in today and I must say it looks nice and fit perfect.

However, the stock screen is painted black where the brackets are. The 7jurock is not and therefore you can see the bolts and the hollow of the brackets [whihc is pretty ugly].

So for those using this shield, or any aftermarket shield for that matter, what do you use to cover the backside [or frontside as looking at it] brackets so that you are not looking at the bolts and the inside of the brackets?

Do they make a liquid window tint of some sorts to mask off and dark tint that area like the stock shield or does everyone just live with it?

I got a 13.5" light tinted flip and as stated, it looks great except for being able to see through it and see the back of the brackets.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I decided on a new windshield for my 12 XCT and ordered a 7jurock. Well it came in today and I must say it looks nice and fit perfect.

However, the stock screen is painted black where the brackets are. The 7jurock is not and therefore you can see the bolts and the hollow of the brackets [whihc is pretty ugly].

So for those using this shield, or any aftermarket shield for that matter, what do you use to cover the backside [or frontside as looking at it] brackets so that you are not looking at the bolts and the inside of the brackets?

Do they make a liquid window tint of some sorts to mask off and dark tint that area like the stock shield or does everyone just live with it?

I got a 13.5" light tinted flip and as stated, it looks great except for being able to see through it and see the back of the brackets.
I have a 12.75" Standard shield from 7Jurock, which I love. Another member who might chime in here had a buddy make him some adhesive vinyl pieces by computer design. They involve marking the shield from the outside (painters tape), then getting them wet and placing them on the inside of the shield and sqeegee-ing out the water from under the vinyl. Don't ask me how I got a set....but if I had not gotten a set....I simply would have made some templates out of paper, marked the shield on the outside, masked off the shield on the inside except for where I wanted the black and simply spray painted it. Not a big deal...just a bit more work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
vinyl decals

As Net said, the vinyl decals work extremely well. They may not be as good as the decal on the stock wind shield, but they are pretty darn good and definitely cover up the interior bracket eye sore. If you decide to go that route you have two options. 1- remove one of the wind shield brackets, bring it to a decal shop and have them scan it. Once they scan it they will need to expand it via computer approx. 1/8 to 1/4 inch all around (this gives you some play when you apply it). Then have them print out a decal and check fit to bracket, then have them invert the computer scan and print out another decal. Or 2- call Joe at STB- (631) 256-7783 (a decal shop on Long Island, NY) and ask him how much for 2 wind shield decals for your bike, which he could probably produce and mail out within an hour of the call. I just don't know what he is charging. Good luck. thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts