Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Thanks for that sound out Scooter. As a fellow XR owner, I really appreciate that input. Now I know what to order from 7jurock when its time to do that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, from the bottom or the shield (at top of arc by headlight) to the very top, what does the shield measure? I currently have whatvI was told is the tallest Vic XR shield that I think measures 21 or 22 inches. When seated I look over the top by at least 2-3 inches. I've got the Vic hard lowers and get some substantial buffeting at 70+. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I have a question, if you don't mind answering.......How tall are you and what's your inseam? The reason I ask is to establish where your line-of-sight might be relative to mine. Me; 5'-10" and 29".

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have a question, if you don't mind answering.......How tall are you and what's your inseam? The reason I ask is to establish where your line-of-sight might be relative to mine. Me; 5'-10" and 29".
Ricz,

While you and OP may be very close in stature, your riding style and position may be very different. The most accurate way to get a proper fit is to measure for one. It worked very well for me.
Take an old fashioned yardstick and use blue painters tape to tape it to your current shield. The end of the stick at the bottom edge of the shield. Get into your most normal riding position and while there, hold a piece of string at your moustache line. Have a helper run the string out (level) to the yardstick and see where it lands.
That is the size of shield that you need for an appropriate fit for you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just wanted to recommend a great company with excellent customer service, which is rare to see these days.
I ordered a windshield for my Cross Roads from 7Jurock, over the phone with Sonia in customer service. I ordered a standard height windshield with a light tint and with the flip.
When I got the shield and held it up, it was actually 2" too tall, because the flip brings the windshield closer to the driver, and the perceived height is taller.
After a call to Sonia, she sent me a shipping label, and told me they would actually start working on my new windshield, while they were waiting for the old one to be returned. I ordered a minus 2" from mid-height, which I estimated would account for the flip.
I got the new windshield a few days after my return was delivered, and it is actually one of the nicest options I've added to the bike. The wind comes right up and over my helmet, and makes for a very comfortable ride, and the light grey tint looks very sharp.

View attachment 185538
I have purchased two shields from 7Jurock with the same very good service.

Question scoote,

Do you see any distortion when you look through the shield in the flip area? I had a flip windshield at one time and did not like the distortion when looking through the shield.

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
The mid-height OEM shield is 21.5". The tall shield is supposed to be 23.5" (Called a +2) & the short 19.5" (-2). 7Jurock makes shields from 15" to 26" tall, that would be measured the same way, from top of headlight cutout to top of shield. If you order a flip from them, make sure you order 2 inches less height than you would with a flat shield.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, if that was intended for me. I'm puzzled that the flip brings the shield back closer to rider. I guess they (7J) angles the shield back further after the mounting area?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
So scooter my friend, what about distortion at the flip? Not that it would be a big deal as I look over and not through a w/s.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So scooter my friend, what about distortion at the flip? Not that it would be a big deal as I look over and not through a w/s.
I can kind of answer that. I had one of their flips on my xc. If they make the xr shield the same way, the flip part is pretty good to look through. I think it's because the flip is more of a gentle curve.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
It's very difficult to measure for a 7Jurock shield. When I did measure correctly with the string, nose etc, I ordered one that was 2" too high. As my review states, they are shaped different from a straight shield, so it's like comparing apples to oranges. That's why Ricz wanted to compare heights, and although our riding positions may be slightly different, I was giving him a reference point that may be valuable.
Our experiences differ. I measured and ordered to those measurements. I look right over the top of the 7JURock flip shield on my XR. It's perfect for me.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
It's very difficult to measure for a 7Jurock shield. When I did measure correctly with the string, nose etc, I ordered one that was 2" too high. As my review states, they are shaped different from a straight shield, so it's like comparing apples to oranges. That's why Ricz wanted to compare heights, and although our riding positions may be slightly different, I was giving him a reference point that may be valuable.
Our experiences differ. I measured and ordered to those measurements. I look right over the top of the 7JURock flip shield on my XR. It's perfect for me.
I've been thinking about this since my last post. I can't be 100% sure, but something tells me that I measured and then, as advised by 7JURock, deducted 2" and ordered to that. It's been too long ago to be certain.
My advice, if you're interested in the 7JURock shield, call them and get some information on proper fit first. I think that scooter and I are both correct in this instance.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Now I'm really confused! :frown

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Now I'm really confused! :frown
About?

My initial post was a bit hasty. I recall doing the measurements, as described and thought that I ordered spot on to those. However, thinking on it more, I believe that I recall Sonia at 7JURock telling me to subtract 2" due to the flip.

Point being, it's often times hard to judge simply based on similar body characteristics due to differences in how you sit the bike. That's why I believe it's important to measure based on your seating position. The subtract 2" issue is still not a 100% certainty for me which I think it would be wise to call customer service to verify...or debunk.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Thanks....I get it now. Will definitely order through Sonia via phone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a WS from them.
I did not get the one I ordered.
I wanted the flip and I wanted it tinted.
I came clear with no flip.
I called and they did not have the light tint, they could offer me a bronze tint but I declined as I didn't think it would look right with a black bike.

I decided to go ahead and keep the one they sent me so they refunded me for the up-charges for the features I didn't get.

I am very happy with this WS and their service and honesty. :smile

I also DID get a Gold Wing type vent in mine and on these hot summer days its nice to be able to open it and get some air to my face.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Got photos of that WS you can post for us Dan?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got photos of that WS you can post for us Dan?
This isn't the best but its all I have right now. I was actually capturing the LED headlight....

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
That headlight is surely black! Looks odd when I'm used to seeing shiny. Dan, are you looking over or through your WS?

·
Registered
216 Posts
That headlight is surely black! Looks odd when I'm used to seeing shiny. Dan, are you looking over or through your WS?
I think the headlight looks good in person. My bike is black and has plenty of chrome so when I add stuff, I try to go black....
You see a lot of Harleys with black LED headlights these days too.

I am just barely looking over the WS. It is stock Vic tall height and no flip (which I DID want).

Also those are Cee Bailey replacement dark tinted lowers in the pic

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Thanks for the photo Scooter. I assume that flip, as small as it is, makes a huge difference as to where the air goes. My OEM medium height WS has the turbulence well above my helmet's eye port. So that's not a problem, but I'll be heading toward that 7Jurock flip model if and when my OEM needs replacing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts