Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the black-out style and limited chrome on the 8 Ball models. However, I don't understand why they on use the 5 speed transmission (instead of the 6 speed) on the 8 Balls. My guess is to keep te cost low. Are there any other differences? Are these compromises too much to accept in order to get a black motorcycle?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thats the base bike for Victory and the 5 speed is to bring it in a little lower than the other models.

There are no compromises with any Victory bike except the 5 speed. Personally I don't think you need the 6 unless you do a lot of highway riding.

I prefer the 6 because I do a lot of highway riding and it lowers the RPM's a bit.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I don't have any problems with my 5speed.I ride a lot of highway/freeway and it runs about 3000 rpm at approximately 70 mph.
That is with a 92CU motor.
Yea, a 6 speed would be nice for a few more mpg, but the bike clearly don't need it.I average between 35 and 40 mpg depending on the riding I'm doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took advantage of a Victory free ride and tested both 5 and 6 speeds. I could feel almost no difference between the engine sizes; so I saved some cash and bought the 8-Ball Hammer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
all 2011 models come with the 106/6..cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts