Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help with the installation of a stock Victory Vegas Drivers Backrest. After removing the seat, there are two holes in the front of the rear fender that match holes in the backrest brace. However there is no nutplate or support under the fender and I am wondering if the fender itself provides enough support for the backrest without bending or damaging the fender. It looks like there should be some kind of bracket under the fender for the bolts to engage.

Thanks for any help,

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Here is what I could find on the subject , pretty vague.

Victory Kingpin/Vegas Installation Instructions

1. Remove passenger seat
2. Place supplied bracket over existing mounting plate.
3. If only using the driver backrest install using two
Allen head bolts and nylon locknuts supplied.
4. If using with a passenger backrest then use the four supplied hex flange bolts.(suggest some loc-tite)
5. Reinstall passenger seat and slide backrest into mounting bracket and ride safe!
(If upright is loose simply put one piece of electrical tape around tongue and reinstall)

·
Registered
147 Posts
plate

I just bought a drivers backrest off of ebay. I don't believe it is OEM but the mounting arm looks the same. It came with a small plate for the inside of the fender. I would think it would be pretty cheap and easy to have one made if it makes you feel more secure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a drivers backrest off of ebay. I don't believe it is OEM but the mounting arm looks the same. It came with a small plate for the inside of the fender. I would think it would be pretty cheap and easy to have one made if it makes you feel more secure.
Which backrest did you buy? Maybe I can just get the nutplate.

Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what I could find on the subject , pretty vague.

Victory Kingpin/Vegas Installation Instructions

1. Remove passenger seat
2. Place supplied bracket over existing mounting plate.
3. If only using the driver backrest install using two
Allen head bolts and nylon locknuts supplied.
4. If using with a passenger backrest then use the four supplied hex flange bolts.(suggest some loc-tite)
5. Reinstall passenger seat and slide backrest into mounting bracket and ride safe!
(If upright is loose simply put one piece of electrical tape around tongue and reinstall)

I was hoping to get a nutplate that would have two nuts welded to a plate at the correct dimension of the mounting holes. My hope then would be that I wouldn't have to lower the rear wheel to install the backrest.

thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts