Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey StevieG,
It's kind of a loaded question and I'm sure you will here many different oppinions about if it's a good "starter" bike. It's a lot of bike to start out on never driving a bike before but if you respect it, it should be just as good as any. I have an 07 8 ball and love it. As far as it being expensive to own. I haven't had to spend one cent on maintenance other than for an oil change. The upgrades and customizing is where they get you, but that's optional. I encourage you to read my post titled Vegas 8 ball, I tried to be honest with my experience with it. Good luck, in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think that if you RESPECT the power of the bike it will be just fine. But then you have to respect any bike when it is your first! Just take it easy, ride smart, and possibly take a rider's safety course and you will be just fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes i am gonna buy my first motorcycle never had one or rode one and look on line and saw the 8 ball is this a good bike to start out on , is the upkeep expensive ?
The vegas is an awsome bike. I don't really know if I can recommend it as a "first" bike, however. I would strongly recommend starting with something you won't mind dropping, because believe me, you will drop it. After you are comfortable with it, then buy a new vegas. Otherwise, you will be dropping a new bike on the ground and that really sucks!!!

If you just want to know if the bike is great...yeah, it's great. Low center of gravity, great handling, gorgeous looks, I could go on and on...

·
Registered
3 Posts
first bike

Not enough hp to get you into trouble but it would be bad to crash. Get a bike that you don't mind if it gets scrached up,dented or what not. May not be cool, but wear the gear. It will save your life. You may get a first bike and decide the first time it gets cold or rains and decide otherwise. So dont spend alot until you know its what you want and will enjoy it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
An older used bike can most likely be sold right about the same price you paid for it, so I would recommend that for your first year and then get the bike you want. Plus then you find out what kind ride you enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.