Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 3000 mile ride California to Canada and back the long way. My 2011 CC ran great. I had the soft lowers for wind and rain protection, tall Victory windshield and highway pegs.
8 hours of riding a day and I was never sore or beat up. The stock seat was very comfortable too.
The wife was on her first long ride on her Honda 800 VFR and did great.
This is why I sold my Harley for the Victory. We are planning our next trip.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good for you guys. That sounds like a good ride. thumb up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just did a 2500 miles trip myself about 2 weeks ago. The XC is a wonderful bike for anything from highways to twisty's. Only flaw is, without the soft lowers you have to have fork mounted wind deflectors. Without them the buffeting makes it tiring after all day riding.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just got back from a 3000 mile ride California to Canada and back the long way. My 2011 CC ran great. I had the soft lowers for wind and rain protection, tall Victory windshield and highway pegs.
8 hours of riding a day and I was never sore or beat up. The stock seat was very comfortable too.
Fantastic!! Just what I wanted to hear! I just took delivey of my 11 XC and I used t have a EG Classic, Glad I made the right choice! Sounds like and AWESOME RIDE!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Outstanding! Glad to hear you enjoyed your bikes virgin long ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great ride. We did a Border to Border ride a couple of years ago, Mexico to Canada then down the OR/CA coast. Great ride, 4,000 miles in 12 days. Planning our next big ride for next year now. Ya can't beat riding with the wife... mine has an 09 Vegas.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Trip Pics?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great ride. We did a Border to Border ride a couple of years ago, Mexico to Canada then down the OR/CA coast. Great ride, 4,000 miles in 12 days. Planning our next big ride for next year now. Ya can't beat riding with the wife... mine has an 09 Vegas.
Funny you mention the Vegas. That's what mine wants. She saw a '07 one that was white like my '11 XC. It had been lowered a bit in the back, had the highway bars on it along with saddle bags and a windscreen. If she had her motorcycle license I have a feeling I'd no longer be riding two up. Can't say that I'd complain though, she looked good on it. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
. Only flaw is, without the soft lowers you have to have fork mounted wind deflectors. Without them the buffeting makes it tiring after all day riding.

Try the Cee Bailey hard lowers. Waaay better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try the Cee Bailey hard lowers. Waaay better.
I like the look of the opaque Cee flectors but to match my windscreen I'd have to go clear. And that means seeing the mounting bracket, and I just don't think it'd look that great. Plus my highway pegs are mounted in that location at the moment. I wonder if they'd make them in clear anyways, only see opaque and dark smoke for options. I will say they look way better then Baker Airwings.

I'm hoping that JTD comes out with a decent looking set of hard lowers for the forged bars. Just pop those in when it gets nippy. But seeing as I'm closer to Cuba then Miami and it's almost always sweltering, I'll stick with just the fork mounted deflectors for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts