Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a straighter angle for my wrists but dont want to mess with changing cables. Anyone out there know if a shorter ape would work with a stock 13 vegas 8ball cable setup. I have the stock bars turned up but it puts a twist on the wrist that leads to some numb fingers after a bit.

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I need a straighter angle for my wrists but dont want to mess with changing cables. Anyone out there know if a shorter ape would work with a stock 13 vegas 8ball cable setup. I have the stock bars turned up but it puts a twist on the wrist that leads to some numb fingers after a bit.

Thanks
Arlen Ness 8" Modular Apes, in black: http://shop.arlenness.com/p-7989-8-modular-drag-bars-black.aspx or chrome: http://shop.arlenness.com/p-7331-8-modular-drag-bars-chrome.aspx.

And if you decide not to let cables hold you back, there are the 12" Modular Apes, in black: http://shop.arlenness.com/p-8125-12-modular-handlebars-black.aspx or in chrome: http://shop.arlenness.com/p-8124-12-modular-handlebars-chrome.aspx

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey man I see your going for the 8 inch but once you get those you will want to wish you would have gone with the 12''. I just put my apes on last night and all I have to do is bleed the brakes and take it out for a spin. I got them from a Vic dealer for 400 and best part is that it brings all the cables that are required for the install....Good luck man post some pics when you get the bike done!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up ordering a set of yaffe bagger apes from conquest customs with all new stealth cables. They were headed to powder coating and should be here next week. Now i just need a kingpin rear fender and some xc bags and i will have turned the vegas into a bagger.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
...Now i just need a kingpin rear fender and some xc bags and i will have turned the vegas into a bagger.
Bad ass bagger! Post pics when done. wac

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I most definitely will...got the woc fairing and found a new in box black pin fender for 400 just gotta convince wifey.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just get the 6" ones and tell everyone they're 8". That's what's worked for me for years. Don't tell the wife, tho.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha it may be small but at 200 miles an hour it can dent anything. Not looking forward to wiring the electrical in the bars though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ended up ordering a set of yaffe bagger apes from conquest customs with all new stealth cables. They were headed to powder coating and should be here next week. Now i just need a kingpin rear fender and some xc bags and i will have turned the vegas into a bagger.
@lykoi626, I am in the exact same boat as you. My 8ball bars are turned up as well. I was looking at the Ness Modular apes, but I don't like how narrow they look. I would love more info on the yaffe apes. I don't want the factory apes, they would seem out of proportion with my fairing. I will certainly be tuned in. I'm going bagger as well, but i have another rear fender in mind.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would consider a boardwalk fender...I think the indicator lights might be an issue with the bigger bags though just like the pin fender. Baggernation.com is where Scott and Conquest is getting my bars. I went 10" on the bars which makes the cables a +2 on length. I went with the all black stealth series cables and connectors and all in all the price was the same as the vic kit with the stock cables. The bars are wider center to center so they won't look too narrow with my woc fairing. I am thinking about going with HMD's bag brackets as I won't have to drill the fender to support the xc bags. I've been looking at putting the signals into the bags or buying a bunch of the led single amber lights and drilling those into the bags in weird patterns or something like that. It's a lofty project but it will come along. I'm doing a custom theme just like jgolden. The painter is calling it Demon Bagger. It's gonna be a bunch of skulls and demon looking things and such with the word LEGION across the fairing. If I were only made of money. Give Scott a call he is great to work with and will get you in what you need without killing your bank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would consider a boardwalk fender...I think the indicator lights might be an issue with the bigger bags though just like the pin fender. Baggernation.com is where Scott and Conquest is getting my bars. I went 10" on the bars which makes the cables a +2 on length. I went with the all black stealth series cables and connectors and all in all the price was the same as the vic kit with the stock cables. The bars are wider center to center so they won't look too narrow with my woc fairing. I am thinking about going with HMD's bag brackets as I won't have to drill the fender to support the xc bags. I've been looking at putting the signals into the bags or buying a bunch of the led single amber lights and drilling those into the bags in weird patterns or something like that. It's a lofty project but it will come along. I'm doing a custom theme just like jgolden. The painter is calling it Demon Bagger. It's gonna be a bunch of skulls and demon looking things and such with the word LEGION across the fairing. If I were only made of money. Give Scott a call he is great to work with and will get you in what you need without killing your bank.
It's a shame we don't live closer. I used to live in Pleasant Prairie, WI, that would have been a bit closer. We could help each other, and I think it's already starting. I am incorporating led's into my hardbags too. I have them already, but I need to do some bodywork and find new hardware to put on them. Anyway, here's a photo of them, as well as the fender I'm shooting for. I'm excited. I will be using them with run/turn functionalilty, with the assist of some Custom Dynamic modules.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I almost pulled the trigger on that fender...where are you gonna mount those eyes? Thats a badass led setup. I have a strip of amber that im going to drill holes for in the bags on the vertical so they will look like a bunch of random spots that blink. I dunno still mulling it over. I would love to get some of that electro paint and do turn signals in that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Halo's are going to be worked into the backside of the bags. Ultimate location has yet to work itself out.
I love that Electro paint as well...wicked stuff. It's new so there are some kinks...Proper application/materials...COST...and an 18v battery to power it.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha a solid ten...that's hilarious. We just had another kid (2 boys now)...my wife basically said I'm not getting anywhere near her for the rest of my life. Jgolden...did you have to up the insurance on your bike with all the custom stuff or did you leave it as usual. My insurance guy rides and said we may want to look into a custom tailored insurance policy to cover all the loss if something were to happen. Just a thought. I know you have to have some pennies into yours. It's an awesome bike brother.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hahaha a solid ten...that's hilarious. We just had another kid (2 boys now)...my wife basically said I'm not getting anywhere near her for the rest of my life. Jgolden...did you have to up the insurance on your bike with all the custom stuff or did you leave it as usual. My insurance guy rides and said we may want to look into a custom tailored insurance policy to cover all the loss if something were to happen. Just a thought. I know you have to have some pennies into yours. It's an awesome bike brother.
So far I have not increased my coverage. My policy covers $3k in accessories/customization. I will probably have to look at that soon though. Luckily I am custom painter/airbrush artist, so the artwork I can do myself (still added into the value for sure though). I can't wait to see your progress Lykoi626!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bars and cables should be here mondayish...thinking bout doin a pictorial of all of it...still debating on running electrical in the bars. The cables are well worth the extra money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts