Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked with Ryan last weekend doing a remote tune on my 2016 Victory Cross Country Tour. First off, he is very knowledgeable, professional and courteous.*

Ryan was great to work with, never hesitated to answer any questions I had about the process before I committed to do the remote tune.* The whole process went very smooth with like effort on my end.* He provides everything you'll need to get the job done on your end.* Once he gets hooked up and starts the tune you're in for a wake up!

My bike runs amazing!* This tune that Ryan custom built for my bike really woke up the beast!* The power,* throttle response and sound is totally different! This bike pulls hard all the way through the rpm's and rock and rolls!*

Absolutely recommend working with 801 Motoworx!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Details please. What type of tuner do you have and how did Ryan change it remotely. This is new stuff for me.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You can't just spring this on us and walk away like that! ... :wink

Is it possible that you could explain what was tuned(ECU, PCV, PC-III etc..)? What mods, if any, do you have in that bike? What type of "tune" was before this "remote tune"? How did Ryan connect? What were the tune adjustments based off of? What was the cost?

thx

Details please. What type of tuner do you have and how did Ryan change it remotely. This is new stuff for me.
You and I had the same thought...lol

·
13,177 Posts
l.girls.daddy

where do you live. Are you talking about Rylan at the Vic shop or a different one.
So he's doing a Maximum tune I gather

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
l.girls.daddy

where do you live. Are you talking about Rylan at the Vic shop or a different one
I was wondering that too. C'mon l.girls.daddy...fess up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bet! Was hoping someone would ask about it

I bought the Maximus tuner and Lloydz high flow air filter directly from Ryan Randall at 801 Motorworx. He sent them, wide band sensors, wide band processor, tools and laptop.

Basically his remote tune kit comes with absolutely everything you'll need to get the job done. He's thought of everything

Maximus tuner
Lloydz high flow air filter
Tank lift
Wide band sensors and processor
Wrenches for removal of your O2 sensors
Zip ties
Anti-seize
Laptop for tune
Return shipping label

Once you get the package you'll contact Ryan and he'll walk you through the process step by step. Nothing complicated about it on your end. You'll remove your O2 sensors with his provided wrenches and install his wide band sensors and connect them to the wide band processor and Maximus tuner. He'll get started on his end in Salt Lake City remotely tuning your bike. He'll totally wipe the stock tune from your ECU that was installed at the factory by Victory. The Maximus tuner doesn't piggyback like other tuners out there. It gives Ryan total control of the tune where he can get the most out of your bike.

He plugs in his baseline tune and you go from there tweaking it after each test ride. You'll ride and log data and reconnect to the laptop after each ride and he make adjustments as needed. He'll need you to do 4 test rides to log data and he'll crunch the numbers to get you the perfect tune for your bike! It's a one off custom tune specifically built for your bike

Give Ryan a shout and he'll hook you up! I don't want to disclose any of his prices here, but feel free to contact him and he'll give you a price.

I hope that helps!

I have these mods to the performance part of the bike

Miller mufflers
Tank lift
Maximus tune by 801 MotoWorx

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
l.girls.daddy

where do you live. Are you talking about Rylan at the Vic shop or a different one.
I was wondering that too. C'mon l.girls.daddy...fess up!
I.girls.daddy wrote..."Ryan" not "Rylan" ...close but no cigar. The mystery deepens

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can't just spring this on us and walk away like that! ... :wink

Is it possible that you could explain what was tuned(ECU, PCV, PC-III etc..)? What mods, if any, do you have in that bike? What type of "tune" was before this "remote tune"? How did Ryan connect? What were the tune adjustments based off of? What was the cost?

thx

You and I had the same thought...lol
You bet! Was hoping someone would ask about it

I bought the Maximus tuner and Lloydz high flow air filter directly from Ryan Randall at 801 Motorworx. He sent them, wide band sensors, wide band processor, tools and laptop.

Basically his remote tune kit comes with absolutely everything you'll need to get the job done. He's thought of everything

Maximus tuner
Tank lift
Wide band sensors and processor
Wrenches for removal of your O2 sensors
Zip ties
Anti-seize
Laptop for tune
Return shipping label

Once you get the package you'll contact Ryan and he'll walk you through the process step by step. Nothing complicated about it on your end. You'll remove your O2 sensors with his provided wrenches and install his wide band sensors and connect them to the wide band processor and Maximus tuner. He'll get started on his end in Salt Lake City remotely tuning your bike. He'll totally wipe the stock tune from your ECU that was installed at the factory by Victory. The Maximus tuner doesn't piggyback like other tuners out there. It gives Ryan total control of the tune where he can get the most out of your bike.

He plugs in his baseline tune and you go from there tweaking it after each test ride. You'll ride and log data and reconnect to the laptop after each ride and he make adjustments as needed. He'll need you to do 4 test rides to log data and he'll crunch the numbers to get you the perfect tune for your bike! It's a one off custom tune specifically built for your bike

Give Ryan a shout and he'll hook you up! I don't want to disclose any of his prices here, but feel free to contact him and he'll give you a price.

I hope that helps!

I have these mods to the performance part of the bike

Miller mufflers
Tank lift
Maximus tune by 801 MotoWorx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
l.girls.daddy

Northwest Arkansas. No. Ryan Randall at 801 Motorworx. He's offering remote tuning worldwide. He's out of Salt Lake City. Give him a shout. He'll fix you up!

My bike is insane now!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Does the Maximus tuner get returned along with the wideband sensors, tools and the 'puter? What the the price you paid?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the Maximus tuner get returned along with the wideband sensors, tools and the 'puter? What the the price you paid?
No. You purchase the Maximus tuner. It belongs to you. You'll need it if you ever add cams or do any other motor mods to your bike. The tune can be adjusted as needed with further mods to your bike

I believe I paid $465 for the Maximus tuner

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
That's all very interesting. The Maximus turner is probably the way to go in the future(well, whatever future Victory has...)
Thanks for the update

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's all very interesting. The Maximus turner is probably the way to go in the future(well, whatever future Victory has...)
Thanks for the update
I highly recommend it. But... don't just buy the tuner. It's not a plug and play tuner. You'll need the support and expertise of Ryan to get the job done

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I highly recommend it. But... don't just buy the tuner. It's not a plug and play tuner. You'll need the support and expertise of Ryan to get the job done

I won't be buying any tuners, I'm good with my clunky old PC-V ... Plus when I do add cams, I'll need some dyno numbers to know I got my moneys worth ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well I don't have even a 'clunky old PC-V', nor any preconceived notions about which option to pursue, so every conversation about performance tuning is interesting to me. Now I'm subscribed to this thread to follow what others have to say. I'm watching guys like PaiN to gauge their results and learn what gives the most return for the least dough (yes I am not wealthy).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well I don't have even a 'clunky old PC-V', nor any preconceived notions about which option to pursue, so every conversation about performance tuning is interesting to me. Now I'm subscribed to this thread to follow what others have to say. I'm watching guys like PaiN to gauge their results and learn what gives the most return for the least dough (yes I am not wealthy).
Send your bike to Lloydz. Tell him you want the supercharged 116. He will build it into a rocketship. Write the work/parts off on your taxes, because you had to "check and make sure that the wrap wouldn't come off or otherwise defect under brutal acceleration". Then send me a discount code for a wrap because it was my idea. :devil (make sure you don't send the code until after you ride bike with upgrades so you can fully appreciate my advice :grin)

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Hmmmm interesting...... Very nice indeed....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts