Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I cant say enough about Nick. Even though he is 3 1/2 hours away from me.. i would be hard pressed to take my Vic to any of these local hackers for anything other than putting my air in the tires.

Nick did his majic on my bike this past friday. he put the PCV in and added the Gas tank risers ( which raises the front of the gas tank about an inch for more air flow. So now I have Loydz air filter, PCV, timing wheel, Tri-Ovals. And here is what i got. About 12HP increase and 6+ ft-lbs of torque. Bottom line i ended up with 95.10 HP @ 111.05 ft-lbs ... for those that can see it.:wink

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I had to play with the zoom but it looks like you scored 95hp / 111tq and the torque is curve nice. You're going to enjoy riding that :D

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to play with the zoom but it looks like you scored 95hp / 111tq and the torque is curve nice. You're going to enjoy riding that :D
Yea .. i should have made it bigger. :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Where are they located at? Richmond?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where are they located at? Richmond?
Nick is located just outside of Richmond. Colonial Heights actually. 804 Motorsports.

·
Registered
781 Posts
He's in the process of moving into a proper building now. He's replacing my clutch pack tomorrow, gonna see how I can help him get in there. Sounds like the floors are right at the top of his migraine list- he's gotta epoxy coat them. I did something like that in the Navy- non skid coatings on ship decks, and also in boat repair.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
He's in the process of moving into a proper building now. He's replacing my clutch pack tomorrow, gonna see how I can help him get in there. Sounds like the floors are right at the top of his migraine list- he's gotta epoxy coat them. I did something like that in the Navy- non skid coatings on ship decks, and also in boat repair.
How many miles on that clutch you are replacing?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new place has significant potential. The floors are in great shape though. I think

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Not many- but I am probably to blame. :devil
You been giving your clutch a hard time?

reason I ask is cos I'm now re-using my Vic clutch with the Barnett spring and cover plate (Scorpion was overkill and too hard to pull in traffic)
My clutch has over 60,000 miles on it and is still performing well, I measured the thickness of the frictions and all were above the 2mm limit, not a lot above but then again I don't know how thick they are to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
781 Posts
Haahah no not that time. It was all apart over there a couple months ago getting the goodies, tho...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Colonial Heights is about a 5.5 hour drive for me, a little far but good to know if I do decide to slap some go fast goodies on my XR. Got a couple of college buddies that live in that area so I will have a place to crash if/when I do decide to do something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts