Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the heads from a 92 have bigger valves along with the expected smaller combustion chambers, which should yield around 10.7:1 on my '07 100. So my plans are to do this with a set of VM1 cams and a 2:1. I'm curious to see what my power numbers and torque curve will look like once i dial it in with a power commander.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wac Subscribed ..
Haha yea. Coming to the victory world with 10 years of LS1 experience makes it hard for me to live with simple bolt-on's and 12 second 1/4 slips.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The 92" and 05-07 100" heads have the same volume, so the compression will be the same. The exhaust valves are bigger on the 92" but you probably won't see any gain from the couple millimeter difference until 130-140 plus hp level.
Also:
1) the heads are about $850 apiece new. $1700 buys you a hell of a lot of head work on your 100" heads.
2) They are rare to find used as the most common part to break on a wrecked bike is the front head mount.

Mill your 100" heads, if you have the money and want you could also fit the 92" exh valves in the 100" heads, then use 08+ pistons with more height and you might be able to squeeze 10.3-10.4 compression depends on how much you mill off the heads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the compression difference with only a piston swap?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also curious if the 100" heads are better than 106 heads and if so are they a direct bolt on? I have the feeling that there's a difference.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
My 100 comes standard with 100 heads and higher comp right.
So at rebuild time a few years down the track I source a good low mileage 106 bottom end (should be plentiful by then.
And swap my timing wheel, torquetubes, and pipes over,
Get my PCV redynod and Im ready to Rock n Roll.
Would the ECM of my engine accept a replacement botrom end? How would it know? Theyre matched to the rest of the electrics I'd guess???? Anyone know?

·
12,968 Posts
Motorbikerx

a few years down the road your going to have a different bike.
Besides don't think a 106 will fit into your frame

1 - 9 of 9 Posts