1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I had the slip on Stage I when I got bought my bike. It sounded great and performed fairly well. I may be wrong about this, but from what I understand, the slip on actually performed better than the one piece.
Another thing is the weight of either one. They both make the bike heavy on the right side.
After market is the way to go for decent performance gains as well as better balance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I actually like that pipe, but it won't make any more or less power than the slip-ons. The nice thing is that the baffles are removable, so you can trim some off the end, slip them back in, and the bike will sound better.
It is hard to beat the slip-ons on a Stg1 03 Vegas, you'd have to go with an aftermarket 2-1 and spend $700 for just a few HP. There are far cheaper ways to make power with that bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually like that pipe, but it won't make any more or less power than the slip-ons. The nice thing is that the baffles are removable, so you can trim some off the end, slip them back in, and the bike will sound better.
It is hard to beat the slip-ons on a Stg1 03 Vegas, you'd have to go with an aftermarket 2-1 and spend $700 for just a few HP. There are far cheaper ways to make power with that bike.
pm sent...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts