Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 1999 victory and i put a 2002 engine unit on it. to do the conversion i was told to swap the flywheel exciter wheel. it bolted right in and i lined up the gap on the ring(99) with the placement of the original(2002). i finish everything up and the bike wont start. it turns over but doesnt start. it kind of back fires though and if you give it gas it slows the starter. its getting spark but i think the timing is off. is there anything else that could effect the timing? the problem is the markings on the 99 and 02 ring are in different locations. i have a service manual from both years.if any ones got any info it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Ive got a 1999 victory and i put a 2002 engine unit on it. to do the conversion i was told to swap the flywheel exciter wheel. it bolted right in and i lined up the gap on the ring(99) with the placement of the original(2002). i finish everything up and the bike wont start. it turns over but doesnt start. it kind of back fires though and if you give it gas it slows the starter. its getting spark but i think the timing is off. is there anything else that could effect the timing? the problem is the markings on the 99 and 02 ring are in different locations. i have a service manual from both years.if any ones got any info it would be much appreciated.
Hole in the ring needs to line up with the key way

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine swap

i just had to follow the 99 service manual. the 2002 rings mark is different. the bike seems to run perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts