Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original failed at 22.5K. Got the Polaris 03 kit installed by dealer. Now, at exactly 50K (28.5K on tranny upgrade) I have the exact same symptom as the original. Which is, go thru a right sweeper in 3rd or 4th, accellerate out of the sweeper and she pops out of gear. Oh well, it was only $3K to fix it back then. Pretty disappointed. Guess I'll just ride it till I cant. Dont want to put another 3K into a bike thats worth half that.

Just venting here I guess. At least the bike is still rideable.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey man, I feel your pain. I will have to keep my bike forever. I'll never get my money back out of it unless I can ride it until I die.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, I feel your pain. I will have to keep my bike forever. I'll never get my money back out of it unless I can ride it until I die.
Well, probably true unfortunately. I see you've got an 04 Purple Thunder Pin ! I've got one of those as well. Thought I was the only one !! Only 30K on her. Decent bike, but it will be any day now when they discontinue parts for it, as they already have on the a fore mentioned 99.

The Vics really arent bad bikes, but their decision to carry critical components for the short term is what will put me back on some other brand.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sucks but ride it til it gives up on you then be glad you got your moneys worth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts