Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear all of the time about drilling holes in air box and all sorts of other things on other models of bikes. Is there any possible mod that can safely be done to the 99 V92C air box? I have the K&N filter in it already. I also already have a power commander on it as well.

Any information would be great. Still learning on this thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hear all of the time about drilling holes in air box and all sorts of other things on other models of bikes. Is there any possible mod that can safely be done to the 99 V92C air box? I have the K&N filter in it already. I also already have a power commander on it as well.

Any information would be great. Still learning on this thing.
Actually, you don't have to do anything to the '99 airbox (I presume you mean the part the filter bolts to which in turn bolts to the top of the throttle bodies - Vic calls it an "airbox base"); it's known to flow quite well as is! (I believe that some of the aftermarket performance airboxes were close copies of the '99 box.)

You will want to take off the "rain shield" (the two-piece housing that goes around the filter) though - this will give the engine all the air it needs. Of course, if you plan on doing a great deal of rain riding, you may want to leave it on & drill a few more holes in it along the upper sides & top...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts