Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for a while and haven't found much information on flat plates that go under the engine. Anyone make one for the '99 V92?

I've seen many for other models in the $40 range, but none for the V92. In fact, WitchDoctor's doesn't even list the V92's. Do the accessories from the newer models come close to fitting?

I have an ATV jack that would probably work, but I like the idea of a nice flat surface to lift from.

On a related note, I've seen the holy grail of crash bars. Found them on a police bike site. Does anyone make these for the V92. If not, I may have found my winter project (among other projects I may never get too).
http://victorypolicemotorcycles.com/images/big/VPMStealth03-lg.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've not seen anyone with one. As long as the jack can reach both sides of the frame you're good.
I want a police bike....

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a police bike....
I hear ya, man. I've got to find out who makes that floorboard/crash bar. By the looks of it, I'd have to save my lunch money for a long time, though.

Did you notice the ride height? One of the reasons I'm thinking about the bottom plate is from riding on the occasional dirt road. I might like to lift the ride height an inch or so.

So much to learn about these bikes. They are a bit different then what I've had and worked on in the past. At least I don't have to sync 4-6 carbs anymore. EFI is a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the help, Speed. I guess they don't make one because there's a frame there and no one feels they need one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you find skid plates for $40 bucks
I went back and looked again... V-Twin Manufacturing makes them, but I screwed up. They're for Harleys and got mixed when I did a search on the site.

Sorry man. I'm looking closer now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts