Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pipes are a bit loud. I like the idea of cars around me knowing where I am, but I can hear it echo off buildings.

Currently, my pipes are stock. Is there an insert or baffle that can be put in the stock pipe? I've heard of the glass-pack mod. Would it be worth the time to try and find a quieter bullet style muffler?

Are there after-market options that are not as loud as stock? If you tried them, did you like them?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Stock pipes are to loud???? Please post pics. I don't think they are stock but I have a set sitting at my house.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock pipes are to loud???? Please post pics. I don't think they are stock but I have a set sitting at my house.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...
I assumed they are stock. I have the speed sensor on the pully, so that's not stock. I do have about 12.5v at idle, but it will stay at 13v for a while after being at 2000rpm, so that's probably stock.

I just got this 2 weeks ago... Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
Look at the bottom near the back of the mufflers if there is a screw you might be able to remove the baffles and wrap them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at the bottom near the back of the mufflers if there is a screw you might be able to remove the baffles and wrap them.
Hummmmmmm... I guess they've done a bit more to it then I had thought. I'll take another look at the pipes now that I know there's the possibility. I hope so. That would make life a lot easier.

And thanks, Speed. I'm still getting used to it, and I need to make some pull-back risers, then get lower rise bars. It's not quite comfortable just yet. It's currently a garbage flat black rattle can. I'm repainting it with Hammerite, first silver, then a light coat of red.

I also have a Don Vesco Rabid Transit faring that just might look good on it, but I'll need to find a Vetter/Windjammer faring mount to modify. But I digress...

I'll look into pulling the baffles and re-packing them. That would be cheaper then buying new slip-ons.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah those are definitely not stock.

Ive got a set of near mint stock pipes on my 99 V92.

If your interested Id consider trading.

Send me some more pics and we can probably work something out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah those are definitely not stock.

Ive got a set of near mint stock pipes on my 99 V92.

If your interested Id consider trading.

Send me some more pics and we can probably work something out.
I like the "H" in my pipe, and I think I like the looks, so I'm going to try and re-wrap first. What feels like a lifetime ago, I used to play with 2-stroke wrapping. I'm sure they're making a batting that will last longer now.

What's better is that it looks like I have an option (at this particular moment) for stock pipes, should it come to replacement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been looking at a few exhaust pictures. Cold mine be V92SC, sport cruiser, pipes?

I haven't gotten to the exhaust yet, what with the electrical troubles. I have been trying to find out who made mine, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts