Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to complete my 99 - 02 engine swap. contacted PMRT but no word yet. cant find any chips for sale? or do i just get a VFC, any input on which you guys think is better is appreciated. bike runs really good with all 99 fuel injection, just a small sputter 1500-2000. just picked up pipes for 03-05 vegas/kingpin victory performance on ebay for 199

·
Registered
812 Posts
I plan to do the swap in the future, I already have the power commander, and from what I understand it is the only way to get it to run 100% is dyno tune it with a fuel controller.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was pushing more towards the VFC then the dynojet, but i am trying to hold out for a PMRT chip because i have read alot of good reviews for the 99-02 swap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just ordered it, il let you know how it works. thank you i have been looking for a while and even contacted pmrt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cool-be careful putting it in-take your time and make sure your grounded with a wrist strap or something when working -you don't want any static electricity that could ruin the chip-Good luck

Here's a link to the procedure & what you'll find inside-courtesey of Roadkill
http://www.roadkillonline.net/cgi-bin/vpbrowse.cgi
click-go to browse towards the bottom of the page center column click on vic tech ecm eprom album and click on view selected album

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got a call from car chemistry, they dont have anymore of the PMRT chips. website was out of date. back to the original question, how to tune the 99 v92c with an 02 engine. i am going to call lloyds and see if they can help but if anyone has some ideas please share.thank you to all, this site is the only reason that i kept this old bird running

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think you are going to have to put a fuel controller on it. I purchased the power commander because if my Samson's, now it is brocade of my TC pipes with gutted D&D'S on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'd contact Jett Thomas in NC. Srr if he has any WV chips left......

·
Registered
537 Posts
do you know how to contact him, i searched but found nothing
He's an Allstate or State Farm agent in the Raleigh, NC area. Last time I contacted him, I found him searching the insurance agents for one of those 2 companies.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got the PMRT ecm prom installed, and i also custom fit 03-05 vegas/kingpin victory stage 1 pipes. i have an 02 engine. i only ran it for 10 minutes. at first it ran a little rough, which i expected because the computer has to relearn.started running better so i did a tps reset. the bike still sputters around 1500-2000 just like it did without chip and pipes. do i have to just run it longer or is something else wrong. if i keep it in second around 2000 will sputter or even a small backfire. so any thoughts guys

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
had LLoydz put a PC on it and dyno tune it. tuned each cylinder.bike runs better then factory, perfect idle. smooth from idle to 6000rpm no backfires. drivability is amazing better then factory, as good as my Judge

1 - 20 of 20 Posts