13,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I think I'd give this one a try. I think I need one for the KP so I'll be ordering one soon.
Just Ordered .. Hope they deliver pretty quick so can test them when do an oil change just before my Ozarks trip but even if don't going to try it out anyway ..

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a plug for my SUV and the 4 way super Black Hole magnets for the KP to attach to the filter. Looks like a decent product to me.

By the way; I found this info over on the Cyril Huze site. In the comments section the owner talks about the special high temp and specially shaped magnets they use.

Magnet Man May 7th, 2014 at 7:23 am
FYI Gentlemen, our Super Black Hole 4 pack has a special shaped encapsulation (PAT. PENDING) that takes BOTH sides of the magnet and points both sides to the oil filter, doubly strong!
There is only a 2% of the magnetic field facing out. A simple magnet stuck on is a totally different story.
The encapsulation also prevents the VERY powerful magnets from breaking, (They are VERY fragile) as well.
We only use High Temperature Neodymium magnets, good for 300+F Store bought Neodymium magnets start loosing magnetism at 175F.
Thank you for allowing me to clarify.

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/05/06/the-story-of-motor-oil-magnetic-drain-plugs/

·
12,970 Posts
Funny you bring this up. I found the same post on Cryil's forum and thought why didn't Vic put a magnet in our motors. Are they being cheap or they see no need for it.
But then they did put one in the Indian motor. Matter of fact the Indian motor has two drain plugs.
Guess two is better then one.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Seems like a lot of you have a magnetic attraction to Dimples.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dimple

I saw this drainplug on this forum when I was researching bikes when I got mine last October. I decided to get it. I'm a big fan of magnetic drain plugs and have been using them in my vehicles for the last 10 years or so. Dimple's marketing is based around the strength of their magnets and I will say that this one is considerably stronger than any of the others I have had on other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Just ordered 2- one for me and one for a buddy.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Another option is the K&P filter that comes with a rare earth magnet built into the filter so no oil bypasses it.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Yes I also installed the magnetic plug,

Like "Oldman" says,
About 6 months ago I was holding a "magnetic blanket" that fitted around any filter, so after the Oil Change you can just "take-off" the Magnetic covering your filter and put it on the new filter.....

The price was so ridiculous expensive that I just ordered the Victory Magnetic Drain Plug, of $ 19

Everybody should install some kind of Magnet on drain or filter...

PS great tread Bbob

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use WD magnetic drain plug.

I also put 6 rare earth magnets off of old Phillips electric tooth brushes on my oil filter. One beside each hole. I orient them so the poles toward the center are all the same. They stay where you put them and lots of oil passes by them. You pull them off the old filter and put them on the new. They were free.

Very little metal fuzz on my first oil change after putting them on, this was with Mobil 1 20w40 in the bike from 2700 (when I bought it last November) to 5000 miles in January, when I shifted to Amsoil 20w40.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts