Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the brother and I are out for a blast on our Judge'

Half hour into the ride Bruv breaks down on a fast busy dual carriage way... not good. not safe at all. We manage to get the bike across the carriage way and into a small lay by. Wouldn't start, fuel pump not priming had to get it recovered which took about 4 hours in all. We just spent a couple of hours diagnosing it and it turns out the fuel pump has completely jammed up. Naturally I looked on line and there was a recall on some models (not the Judge) for fuel pumps that had been over crimped resulting in the end cap (inlet side) obstructing the impeller.

Could it be we thought ....??? So we gently pried the crimp open a bit and wiggled the end cap to the pump....reapplied 12v and bam the pump span up perfectly.

So Polaris has recalled every model bar the Judge for this very fault. I checked the parts list on victory parts website and the pump in the judge has a different number to the one's that got recalled but i am sceptical that they simply carried on chucking the same pump in.

The duff pump is a Bosch 566 (made in china) see attached. The Judge is 2014 with 1186 miles on the clock.

Can anyone tell me if this pump is the same as the pumps used in the recalls?

Stinking letter is going off to polaris for this..... my bruv could have had a real nasty accident..... we were at 80+ mph when this happened.

cheers all

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can"t help you much, but I have a 2013 Judge and found out that the Judge and Boardwalk use a different fuel pump [but the same for these two] than the other models of Victory. Not sure why since it is the same motor. They also use a different Fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail. Why did they make it more complicated than it had to be? So maybe one of the fuel pumps that fit other model would work on Judge. I have not been able to find out. I was looking just in case I needed a new fuel pump some day with Victory going out of business. I am sure someone who has knowledge of your situation will response soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can"t help you much, but I have a 2013 Judge and found out that the Judge and Boardwalk use a different fuel pump [but the same for these two] than the other models of Victory. Not sure why since it is the same motor. They also use a different Fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail. Why did they make it more complicated than it had to be? So maybe one of the fuel pumps that fit other model would work on Judge. I have not been able to find out. I was looking just in case I needed a new fuel pump some day with Victory going out of business. I am sure someone who has knowledge of your situation will response soon. Good luck.
Just bought this after some excellent communication with high fuel flow. They reckon this will fit after i sent the details about the Bosch.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-28317007-quantum-intank-fuel-pump-for-victory-vegas-8-ball-ness-2009-2016-efi-replaces-2521169.html

thanks for your reply

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Just a quick update! Purchased a quantum fuel pump for the brother's Judge and all is well again! Good job because Polaris are in complete denial any faulty bad batch of pumps reaching their Judge range...... heaven forbid they have to do a recall on them too. They actually responded by saying "you must have put bad fuel in or left the bike to stand with fuel in it for too long"

Anyway, long story short.... problem resolved thanks to Quantum! Such good service and excellent pumps..... so good in fact, I purchased one to fit to my Judge too!

Thanks all

take care now.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Thats a nice storry, happy you fixed it ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts