Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home my 2013 High ball and have some questions.

Looking through the owners manual I see that the display has an "accessory mode" that can show trip 2, avg fuel consumption, etc. When I cycle through with the switch all I get is trip 1, odo, and rpm.

Am I missing something?

Second, I mentioned the "5 year warranty" which is on the website and if I would receive any paperwork on it. All the owner kept saying was "it's not a drivetrain warranty, and costs $400" or something like that. The website clearly says, 48 month extra Polaris warranty. What's the deal with that?

Thanks!

·
12,968 Posts
if you push the little button on the left hand control back side and didn't find #2 trip and more then dealer has to unlock it and that will coast you a few buck.

It sounds like your the second owner. Go to your dealer and when you see the service manger ask about transferring the warranty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 2013s they don't just give you the updated display? Nickle and diming again? lol

Nope, brand new bike. I'm going to a victory ride today and going to ask the victory rep how it works.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That additional info on the display is a $50.00 upgrade/download the dealer can do for you.cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
will this also work for a 12 HB I HATE not having 2 trips!!!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Check with your dealer but the Vic website says yes , I'm not sure on the extra trip meter though .

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just called 2 stealerships and neither of them knew for sure if this can be done but they said they kind of heard about this and will give it a try..

·
12,968 Posts
I just called 2 stealerships and neither of them knew for sure if this can be done but they said they kind of heard about this and will give it a try..
what does your owners book say. Call Mies outland

http://tcvr.us/

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I have unlocked (from the dealer) the speedo functions, it is well worth it, don't hesitate for the few bucks it costs.

As for the extended warranty, there are 2 types.
The advertised 5 years is indeed a basic full coverage 1 year warranty plus 4 years of polaris star, which covers drivetrain only.

When buying new or perhaps even used, who knows, you can buy the complete coverage extended warranty but the cost is rather high.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Hi,

I have unlocked (from the dealer) the speedo functions, it is well worth it, don't hesitate for the few bucks it costs.

As for the extended warranty, there are 2 types.
The advertised 5 years is indeed a basic full coverage 1 year warranty plus 4 years of polaris star, which covers drivetrain only.

When buying new or perhaps even used, who knows, you can buy the complete coverage extended warranty but the cost is rather high.
$50 is a 'few bucks'..... that seems like a lot of bucks for a second trip meter, what a rip off. Bad Polaris, bad Polaris.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts