Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Just installed a PC V and Autotune. I was wondering what a good idle A/F ratio is. Anyone have a suggestion?
For some reason an A/F ratio in this range 13.1-13.3 resonates in my mind. You can search the forum to double check, but I am fairly sure that's the right range. This will keep you on the richer end of the spectrum, which arguably is the place to be.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As noted in the thread BBob referred to, I didn't apply any idle (0% tps) entries into the AFR table. Unless you took off the options in the setup for not using autotune until after the engine has been running for a while, they wouldn't be applied anyway.

As for myself, I left all my 0% AFR throttle cells blank in the AFR tables and just entered the specific adjustments directly into the fuel tables, mostly to eliminate decel popping. So far that's been working great.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just installed a PC V and Autotune. I was wondering what a good idle A/F ratio is. Anyone have a suggestion?
I happen to be running 13.7 at idle (I tried various settings between 13.2 to 14.7 before choosing to stick with this one). Nice balance between throttle off-on smoothness (richer) and responsiveness (leaner).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts