1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few small mods I've done in the last week,
-Spiked tank bolt covers
-Avon spike foot pegs
-Tinted my front and rear turns (Until i buy small bullet turns from KewlMetal)

The tinting looks a LOT better than i expected. It will hold me over until i buy new ones. Let me know what you guys think!!
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
........and a few more since i can only upload 5 at a time. The pic of the tank spikes don't do them justice, they change the whole look of the tank.....Thanks Witchdoctors!! Will try and get better pics of them later.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice looking bike

Thanks Taz, how are you liking your bassani pipes? Do you have any videos or sound clips of them? They look sweet.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sweet,
ya cant go wrong with black!cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks good!
I had bought smoked lenses for mine, then they started fading after about 6 months, and the tab broke off.
Ended up taking the stock amber lenses and putting a couple of coats of VHT Nightshades on them. That was over a year ago, more gloss, darker and better looking.
Would like to to the taillight, just haven't gotten to it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out the LEDs that go on your fork tubes for signals from victoryonly.com

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KS_Greg,
Niteshades is what i used as well from VHT. Can't go wrong for $13!

Carson,
I did check those out and i really like them. I may get those down the road. I imagine that would be an easy install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Carson,
I did check those out and i really like them. I may get those down the road. I imagine that would be an easy install.[/QUOTE]

Not horrible, I have a motorcycle jack so that probably makes it much easier

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Jaak!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I plan to black out a lot of stuff on my ride.... Especially this winter, there's a number of parts that are coming off and getting powdercoated.

Now you have me looking at my grips.... Damn you! ;) I love it so blacked out. It looks really sharp and it was one of those in a dealership that got me buying the blacked out cheese wedges. I was gonna paint mine, but the factory ones were so cheap.

I currently have the following list. Headlight change to new style in black, black Ness fly bars, PC windscreen hardware, floorboards, cam tension caps, suspension links, bottom belt guard, intake covers, maybe gloss black on speedo cover and either chrome, gloss or matte black on the pipes. I'm almost thinking gloss black, 'just because normally you see them in matte. Haven't decided on plate mount and backrest. Front signals I either need to replace or tint. Back ones are already smoke and I love how it makes them "disappear" in to the bike. Backrest reflects the paint so it actually looks good where it is. That was my list, then I saw your grips.

I like the Arlen Ness covers on the motor too, as that gets rid of more, and since my last name starts with an A it works for me. (Except for friends, I tell them it stands for Ahole.) :)

LOL, these forums just cost ya more money.

Can't wait until I can post a badass picture like yours.

This picture reminds me... I cut the tabs on the right side pie wedge on mine, took out about 1/4 of an inch, so it doesn't stick out quite as far. Still mounts fine as you can see above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a few small mods I've done in the last week,
-Spiked tank bolt covers
-Avon spike foot pegs
-Tinted my front and rear turns (Until i buy small bullet turns from KewlMetal)

The tinting looks a LOT better than i expected. It will hold me over until i buy new ones. Let me know what you guys think!!
:cool:
How did you paint those lenses? Did you take them off and paint the insides or the outsides?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How did you paint those lenses? Did you take them off and paint the insides or the outsides?
I took them off and painted the inside with VHT Niteshades. It was $13 at Advance Auto Parts.

JAAK- Were you talking about cutting the license frame? If so, i did that last weekend, lol. :p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts