Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Did not all XC's come with the iPod cord? Was it an option? What's involved if I wanted to install one? Can I even get one anymore?

2) Are the Kicker speakers in the fairing weatherproof? I assume they are but want to make sure in case it rains while I'm at work.

3) I changed the oil myself on my Hammer. Is it the same process on the XC?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
1) Did not all XC's come with the iPod cord? Was it an option? What's involved if I wanted to install one? Can I even get one anymore?

2) Are the Kicker speakers in the fairing weatherproof? I assume they are but want to make sure in case it rains while I'm at work.

Thanks in advance!
My XC Tour came with an iPod cord in the lowers. I don't know if it's a dealer-installed option or comes that way from the factory, but I got the impression from my dealer that if he could make an extra buck selling it separately, he would have.

The oil change process should be identical as far as I am aware.

Not sure about the Kickers...

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
My Cross Country came with the iPod cord in the right saddlebag.
I think most speakers are waterproof since they don't make many with paper cones anymore.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I think most speakers are waterproof since they don't make many with paper cones anymore.
The cones are just half of it. Are the Kickers coaxial? If so, the water can run down between the voice coil and the tweeter post (unless it has a rubber diaphragm protecting the gap like the Polk DB522 does).

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I never had a I-thingy in my life until i had my CCT, after many many reading i knew what to buy....but how ? Amazon ar stuff like that doesn't ship to my corner of the world ?

Ok so i was working in israel and o e techy ordered it from the internet to his house .... Second hand ipod 4 or something like that .... Anyway it WORKS .... go ahead and order second hand ipod thingy .... You van do it

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
74 Posts

Thanks in advance!
My 2011 XC did NOT come with the ipod cord. Installation is easy from what I've seen. If you are running it into the lowers, you just need the ipod cord. If you are running it back to the saddle bag, you need the extension as well. The wiring harness on your bike already has the connection, you just need to find it and plug it in. I would check with your dealer for pricing and availability. They come up from time to time for sale on the forums and on Facebook. Me personally, I just bought a 10 dollar bluetooth to FM transmitter. I plugged that into the accessory outlet on the dash and just use my phone.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I-pod cord was sold as a accessory.

Speakers are water resistant not proof.

Oil change on the 106's are all the same. Same kit, same stuff, same same.

·
12,983 Posts
You do check the oil with bike straight up screw dipstick in and the out to get reading.
Don't know where you're at but one of the top Victory mechanics and tuners is maybe not far from you. It would be worth a ride over to see the shop and the guys

http://www.thevicshop.com/

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
On the dip stick I did the trick someone here posted. You make sure the level is where you want it, so bike would have to be straight up. I use a 1x2 or something under the kickstand to level it up. So once your level is correct, lean bike back over and let oil settle, then I took a file or hack saw and made a mark where the oil level was on the stick with bike leaned over.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
On the dip stick I did the trick someone here posted. You make sure the level is where you want it, so bike would have to be straight up. I use a 1x2 or something under the kickstand to level it up. So once your level is correct, lean bike back over and let oil settle, then I took a file or hack saw and made a mark where the oil level was on the stick with bike leaned over.
Yes!
Done this to every bike.

Checking oil straight up is stupid. Manufacturers if they had any sense would have both COLD side stand level and the HOT straight up level on the stick.

On a side note I have not noticed oil level go down yet on the Vic. My Honda I stopped checking years ago it never eats a drop.

·
Registered
742 Posts
On the dip stick - mark where the oil level was with bike leaned over.
OMG this is so simple it's brilliant! I've been wondering for years why there isn't an aftermarket accessory with a sightglass (or something) to show you the oil level at a glance. This I can live with THANKS FOR THE IDEA.

·
12,983 Posts
You guys brought it up so here goes.
Leave bike on kickstand. Unscrew dipstick. Wipe off. Now Just stick dipstick in hole ( don't) screw it in. Now pull dipstick out. Oil level will be on add line.
That's the same as the full mark

·
Registered
742 Posts
Leave bike on kickstand. Unscrew dipstick. Wipe off. Now Just stick dipstick in hole ( don't) screw it in. Now pull dipstick out. Oil level will be on add line.
WHAT? IMPOSSIBLE - TOO EASY. If that's all there was to it I'd have heard about it before this. Next you'll be saying the earth is ROUND....ABSURD!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well now everyone needs to try this.
Sounds too easy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well now everyone needs to try this.
Sounds too easy.
I think we may need to start an "oil level thread"...or the caveat that everyone should determine the correct level on THEIR OWN bike. Case in point, the reading Johnny got is not the same as my Magnum. Cold on the sidestand correct level for my bike is on the little scratch mark you can see well below the add 1 qt line in the pic below. The corresponding oil levels on the bike standing straight up are: full line with the dipstick in. Halfway between add and full line with dip stick just sitting on the hole. Oil was on that full line with the engine stone cold and dipstick completely in as well. I went so far as to put a level on my fairing to make sure the bike was dead straight. Oil was that level when i bought it and each time I change it.

So..."mileage varies", as it were.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I think we may need to start an "oil level thread"...or the caveat that everyone should determine the correct level on THEIR OWN bike. Case in point, the reading Johnny got is not the same as my Magnum. Cold on the sidestand correct level for my bike is on the little scratch mark you can see well below the add 1 qt line in the pic below. The corresponding oil levels on the bike standing straight up are: full line with the dipstick in. Halfway between add and full line with dip stick just sitting on the hole. Oil was on that full line with the engine stone cold and dipstick completely in as well. I went so far as to put a level on my fairing to make sure the bike was dead straight. Oil was that level when i bought it and each time I change it.

Sidestand lean angles vary quite a bit. use the same location to check it for consistency.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Sidestand lean angles vary quite a bit. use the same location to check it for consistency.

Good point...and I think further to my point varies bike to bike

·
Registered
275 Posts
I-pod cord was sold as a accessory.
Odd, my bike was brand new, had not been ordered in for anyone else, was 100% stock, and wouldnt you know it there was an I pod cord in the left lower glove box, which I immediately ordered and replaced it with a 3.5mm stereo audio jack cord so I could plug my Droid in to play music from, use my GPS through the stereo system, etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts