Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing extensive research, reading, test-driving, speaking to current and former owners to determine the Harley that I would buy to fulfill a childhood dream of owning one...

I bought a brand spanking new Cross Country!

It seriously only took me going to a dealership and trying out a Vegas 8 Ball to come to the conclusion I had been looking at the wrong MoCo!

And even though it's been in the 40's here in chilly Maine, I had to have the 500 mile service done yesterday!

Let the customizing begin!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
This goes to prove that you are a man of great wisdom, intellect, and just plain smart. I hope you passed on the extended warranty, cuz you will not need it--Vics are THAT dependable. Gorgeous bike too! And now, let the mods begin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This goes to prove that you are a man of great wisdom, intellect, and just plain smart. I hope you passed on the extended warranty, cuz you will not need it--Vics are THAT dependable. Gorgeous bike too! And now, let the mods begin.
LOL Thanks!

No... I didn't bother with the extended warranty. The standard 1 year and 1 year extended was more than enough.

I plan on going with Big Honkers, Power Commander and LLOYDZ breather.

Although, I did hear a sound bite tonight of some V&H slip-ons that sounded pretty good!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
You will be sadly remiss if you pass on the Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. So good, that if you do only ony one mod, that should be the one.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Welcome and second that on the timing wheel ....

If your doing a PC-V then please do a dyno .... Free Base map are no good ...

Great looking bike mate

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome from MA , and welcome to Victory !

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's gonna be tough sitting through winter with that sharp ride in storage.
Nice bike, ride safe

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ride a Road King and am happily enjoying trouble free miles with it but every time I see a XC, I wonder if I made a mistake?

Don't look back the XC is a gorgeous bike and you'll log many trouble free miles on her.....The bike looks to fit you well; Congrats and welcome from Alberta.

·
13,247 Posts
you buy a heated jacket and get heated grips you;ll be riding more then you think.
Welcome

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
The Vance and Hines pipes do sound awesome, but you can't put any sweet tips on 'em. Many members highly recommend the Miller Mufflers made by Dtmmil. He offers dyno charts and loaner maps to boot! Much much cheaper too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 on the Miller Mufflers!thumb up

·
Registered
471 Posts
+2, love my Miller mufflers with a Lloyds Dyno

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Hey VictoryIsMine....make one of those mods the best (and conveniently cheapest) license plate laydown brackets to enhance the looks of your bike. Click on the link below for pics and ordering info. Help out an aged retiree get by in his meager existence.
Ric

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Vance and Hines pipes do sound awesome, but you can't put any sweet tips on 'em. Many members highly recommend the Miller Mufflers made by Dtmmil. He offers dyno charts and loaner maps to boot! Much much cheaper too.
I'm still unsure of the whole world of mapping/dyno tuning. I think i know the basic principles of it... Mapping can mostly be done by me, correct? But in order to do the dyno-tuning, I would need the equipment to do so... right?

Thank you all for the suggestions. The first thing that I'm going to do is the mufflers. Although I absoultuely LOVE the bike, the sewing machine sound needs to be drowned out a bit :eek. I am getting used to it more as I ride it... but even my Honda Magna has SuperTrapps on it to make it sound 'big and bad'!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vance & Hines on my old bike. they are now on my new bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_stswU3cI
That sounds awesome! Did you also add a better breather? Stupid question... but did the exhaust mod help with the sewing machine sound... or just drown it out? Not that it's a big thing... just curious as to what I should expect.

Thanks for posting the video... sounds badass!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
Changing pipes get's rid of the sewing machine!
On my last bike, I would not ride it home until the exhaust was switched!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts