Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Somehow this doesn't look like the Northeast... :)

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
What kind of driveway is that, jeeeZ i hate snakes

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
This guy was half way up my driveway.
What kind of snake is that. It looks a lot like a copperhead but I've never seen one with a strip straight down his back.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Timber rattler?
I couldn't tell if that was a rattler at the end of the tail or not. Around here we have diamondbacks, prairie rattlers and side winders. That's alone with a couple of other poisonous snakes. I have never seen a poisonous snake around the property, just bull snakes, hognose and garter snakes. These are good harmless snakes even though there is a six foot bull snake that will get your attention real fast.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
It appears to be well fed. Have you been missing a pet?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I couldn't tell if that was a rattler at the end of the tail or not. Around here we have diamondbacks, prairie rattlers and side winders. That's alone with a couple of other poisonous snakes. I have never seen a poisonous snake around the property, just bull snakes, hognose and garter snakes. These are good harmless snakes even though there is a six foot bull snake that will get your attention real fast.
The biggest snakes I have ever seen in person outside of a museum are Bull snakes. We had those at the farm and they terrorized the chicken coop, you always looked for snakes before reaching for eggs. When granddad would kill one he would hang them over the barbed wire fence and many times they would touch the ground on both sides of the fence.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
The biggest snakes I have ever seen in person outside of a museum are Bull snakes. We had those at the farm and they terrorized the chicken coop, you always looked for snakes before reaching for eggs. When granddad would kill one he would hang them over the barbed wire fence and many times they would touch the ground on both sides of the fence.
Yes I have seen them that long. I had a place in Kent county, Texas that I would see what was referred to as a green racer snake. That was longer than any bull snake I have ever seen and they moved extremely fast. The wild life in that area was a lot different than where I live. There were tree lizards, cougars, black panthers, baggers and deer was very plentiful. Kent county is one of the least populated counties in Texas. Only 2 populated towns only 763 residents.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Saw a green racer in Crockett county several years ago at the old deer lease. It scared the crap out me and neither me or the snake stuck around long enough for me to gauge the length.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yikes! I’d need a bigger gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts