Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my XC today from KMC Power Sports in Westerly, RI. and the ride just got a whole lot better! See the dyno numbers below. Those of you that have added cams, a fuel controller and a aftermarket exhaust know how it felt when we twisted the throttle for the first time after the install: Freaking Awesome!

Those of you that may be thinking about it, think no more. Start saving now or throw caution to the wind and max the credit card. :ltr:

The only downside is the rain in the forecast here tomorrow.:mad:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice. I'm hoping to head up to Lloydz in the spring for a few goodies.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Picked up my XC today from KMC Power Sports in Westerly, RI. and the ride just got a whole lot better! See the dyno numbers below. Those of you that have added cams, a fuel controller and a aftermarket exhaust know how it felt when we twisted the throttle for the first time after the install: Freaking Awesome!

Those of you that may be thinking about it, think no more. Start saving now or throw caution to the wind and max the credit card. :ltr:

Wish there was someone who I could trust down here close to Corpus Christi TX. I would have them instaled ASAP.
When they installed the Cams did they have to remove the Engine from the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No sir, Kyle, Lloydz technician, installed without removing the engine. Which I believe is the standard method with the Cross bikes.

Kyle and the Lloydz mobile dyno trailer will be at Daytona Bike Week next month. Daytona is a little closer. You can go to Lloydz.com and click on the "Tour Events" tab to find Kyle's contact info. He may be available to do an install for you.cheers

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
No sir, Kyle, Lloydz technician, installed without removing the engine. Which I believe is the standard method with the Cross bikes.

Kyle and the Lloydz mobile dyno trailer will be at Daytona Bike Week next month. Daytona is a little closer. You can go to Lloydz.com and click on the "Tour Events" tab to find Kyle's contact info. He may be available to do an install for you.cheers
Thanks for the info.thumb up
The reason I asked about the engine comming out is because thats what the dealers Service Dept told me according to their service manuel for R&R of Cams. They are good guys and have always taken care of me,even taking my advice on somethings I learned on this forum. They just have little engine experience since these bikes seldom have problems. I'll pass on this info to them, but I sure would feel alot better about someone with experence with this. I'll check out Lloydz event schedual.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My pleasure, Simpletruth. Good luck!

Love that quote, Half_Crazycheers

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks for the info.thumb up
The reason I asked about the engine comming out is because thats what the dealers Service Dept told me according to their service manuel for R&R of Cams. They are good guys and have always taken care of me,even taking my advice on somethings I learned on this forum. They just have little engine experience since these bikes seldom have problems. I'll pass on this info to them, but I sure would feel alot better about someone with experence with this. I'll check out Lloydz event schedual.
I believe the factory manual suggests taking the engine out....some of the mechanics can clarify. I was told the same at the local dealer, but my buddy did it without dropping the engine. I think Mark got some advice from Loydz, which is where we got the cams.

Really worth the money!

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
I did it using the method everyone else is using when not removing the engine and it went fairly smooth.

My local dealer wanted to remove the engine and replace a bunch of gaskets because that's what their manual tells them to do.

I didn't replace any gaskets although I had them in case I needed to except for one of the cam chain tensioner metal squash gaskets; if it can be called a gasket. It was my fault. I didn't make sure it was on the big bolt well enough and pinched it. Ten days later I got a new gasket. Kinda drives me crazy that dealerships don't stock anything these days. I hear even HD is getting bad about this too. No one wants to leave money sitting on the shelves.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Ok Red, so whats the ball park cost on it? Now you have me thinking

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok Red, so whats the ball park cost on it? Now you have me thinking
My budget was $2K, but I added a drop link to the bike that my Victory tech fabricates in his shop (lowered 1"). I got the "green light" from the CFO when we dropped the XC off. thumb up

So, the grand total for me was $2300 :crzy: I started putting money aside in my "Let it Rip" jar after I purchased the XC in June 2011.

GO FOR IT! cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
My budget was $2K, but I added a drop link to the bike that my Victory tech fabricates in his shop (lowered 1"). I got the "green light" from the CFO when we dropped the XC off. thumb up

So, the grand total for me was $2300 :crzy: I started putting money aside in my "Let it Rip" jar after I purchased the XC in June 2011.

GO FOR IT! cheers
GREAT thanks A LOT!! now I gotta save for that TOO???

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GREAT thanks A LOT!! now I gotta save for that TOO???
My pleasesure, Brother. Thank you for your selfless service to our Country! I'm a retired "Puddle Jumper" from 1983 to 2005. Where do you ride? We are starting a club from Advanced Automotive (Victory dealer) in Griswold, CT this year and it would be great to have you ride with us.

I think we're riding on the third Saturday of each month, starting in April. I'll get back shortly with the exact date and time.

"Ride Safe-Ride Often" cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for your service, And your quite welcome! I usually ride in New Haven County, but have been heading up to Litchfield area just to get way from the city traffic. If I go on a all day trip usually head straight up to MA/VT on the back roads. I have yet to venture out in your neck of the woods. I typically do 3 trips a year over 2200 miles in 3-4 days just to get the long distance bug out of my system.

I better move this to another thread sorry for the off subject guys.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?p=64920#post64920

My pleasure, Brother. Thank you for your selfless service to our Country! I'm a retired "Puddle Jumper" from 1983 to 2005. Where do you ride? We are starting a club from Advanced Automotive (Victory dealer) in Griswold, CT this year and it would be great to have you ride with us.

I think we're riding on the third Saturday of each month, starting in April. I'll get back shortly with the exact date and time.

"Ride Safe-Ride Often" cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
BBob,
Did you take pictures when you did your cams?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I just got my engine back from Lloydz on Tuesday. They did the big bore along with the cams, machine out the venturi's, crank balance, variable clutch, machined the heads, re-programmed the ECM, and added the PCV. The bike was put back together by Thursday afternoon, and I started my break in. Finished my break in miles last night. I'm now headed to the shop to change the oil and do a check on nuts, and bolts.
I'm hoping to do a couple of hundred miles today, and then tommorow I'm gonna start seeing what this thing can do!cheers
Just recieved the Dyno sheet from Lloydz....

136.63 Hp @ 6000 rpm and 140.65 ftlbs torque @ 4550 rpm.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just got my engine back from Lloydz on Tuesday. They did the big bore along with the cams, machine out the venturi's, crank balance, variable clutch, machined the heads, re-programmed the ECM, and added the PCV. The bike was put back together by Thursday afternoon, and I started my break in. Finished my break in miles last night. I'm now headed to the shop to change the oil and do a check on nuts, and bolts.
I'm hoping to do a couple of hundred miles today, and then tommorow I'm gonna start seeing what this thing can do!cheers
Jealous!cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
136.63 Hp @ 6000 rpm and 140.65 ftlbs torque @ 4550 rpm.
OMG!! :clap: With all that motor might you need a larger oil cooler?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts