Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without going to wild with cams,super tuner and getting into the engine. what pully combos would net a better top end without sacrficing to much giddy up and mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
The Conquest Customs Under Drive pulley will increase your get up and go. Now, adding Lloyds cams, a PCV, air cleaner, timing wheel, slip on mufflers and a dyno tune will make the stock bike seem like it's a whole different bike with much more get up and go. The UD pulley will come at a reduction in top end, all other parameters being equal. I 'think' about a 7% reduction in top end. Nearly everyone who installed the UD pulley seems to like it, a lot. It greatly depends on your riding style and where you ride most. The performance items mentioned above, except the UD pulley are all considered the low hanging fruit (Stage One) for the 106 motor. It really responds well with these simple mods. Stage Two could be a Big Bore kit and Stage Three would be a super charger. But a big bore kit alone nearly exceeds the cash value of a 2012 CC. The blower too and you'd be way upside down from a cash value perspective.

PS - I think the red MSD coils look about as cool as can be mounted on the 106 motor. Good for you for having them already.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i liked the look of the coils and wires a bit better than the stock look to. i do have the gen 3 loyds fuel controller,timing wheel at +4,and loyds air filter. i think i could use a steering stableizer to help control the higher speed movement . do you think i could get a lil bit faster by putting the shorter stock sheild on insted of the touring sheild and remove the fork air deflectors.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
You realize that your bike has a speed limiter (electronic) and will not exceed 122 mph or so?
You will go faster in 5th gear than 6th.

Weight and wind resistance meet horsepower and that's all ya get... if you want to go faster it takes horsepower.
@Chattanooga Mark is right, the underdrive pulley will probably shorten the gearing enough to make top speed higher. Since the bike is geared to go 140 in 5th... but doesn't have the HP to pull the bike through the wind to 140 mph in 5th... shorter gearing will allow it to go a little faster before it hits the wind/weight wall.

Face it, the bike is heavy and has things to block the wind out front. Aerodynamics is not 100% how you cut through the air... a lot of it is about how smoothly you replace the air behind you (less drag). Look at a streamliner...

When I ride behind guys with big 'cop shields' or full fairings I feel their turbulent wake... like following a minivan...

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for some reason i didnt realise the the top limit of around 122 or so. hell that is fast enough for me any ways. cant afford to put the stuff in it to go any faster.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I have a CCT with the mods as shown below. My CCT windshield is 3" shorter than oem and instead of the CCT lowers, I have forged bars with JTD inserts. My bike 'can' go over 110 mph but it really doesn't 'want' to. Like HC said, it's faster in 5th than 6th. Realistically at much over 100 mph, the CC/CCT simply has to move too much air. Also, at those speeds it's likely not a speeding ticket alone. You could very well be getting a free ride in a squad car. Adding cams to your current setup will transform your CC. Not with big increases in top end Hp and/or speed. But in the meat of the rpm range you use 80% to 90% of the time. Look at some of the posted dyno graphs. The 'pie shape' improvement is simply night and day. If you have stock mufflers, maybe add some freer flowing ones at the exhaust end to keep pace with the intake. There are many options available without spending a lot of money. Gonzo Garage, Raging Cajun and Drew Miller to name a few. All three of these muffler modifiers have options in sound level as well.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Usually 30 over is a free ride in any state. I have read that bike is unstable in triple digits I've not gone that far but did push past 90 keeping up with traffic in Michigan...

If you are doing high speed regularly I think that stabilizer is a good plan. Fork mounted fairing can seriously mess up your steering as wind conditions change.

Rev limiter stock ECU is much lower in 6th but I fixed that with my flash tuner. :)

Have fun with your projects.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have triovals for exhaust.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
much over 100 now it starts to shake a lil bit. i dont do triple digits to often

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
So many things become so critical at elevated speeds. Things like tire pressure/balance/wear, wheel/steering/swingarm bearing condition, windshield height/shape, lowers, handlebar and grip position, cargo weight distribution etc etc etc.

One of the biggest influences on elevated speed stability is simply the rider position and hand grip pressure. There's not an inherent design flaw or reason for a CC or a CCT to wobble at 100+ mph. Some people say there's does while others say there's do not. The factors mentioned above and the rider will greatly determine high speed stability. Relax, lighten your grip, correct your body position and if your bike is properly maintained, it should not have a high speed wobble. Obviously cross winds and road conditions also play a big factor.

Though neither a CC nor a CCT were really designed to run much at 100+ mph.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Probably the wrong type bike to be a speed demon. You should look at a BMW or Hyabusa. Hell the engine on this bike is bigger than I had in my Mercury Lynx. When I had the Royal Star Venture that thing would run effortlessly @90. I cought my self doing that a couple of times. I got nailed in po-dunk Georgia backwoods Sherrif Buford T Justice for allegedly 15 over and it cost me plenty. So I try to watch that stuff close and use the cruise a lot. 5 to 8 over is all I can afford.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the wobble kinda started after i put on the lower fork deflectors. a very slight kinda wobble but enough to make me slow down a bit. i still spank that ass ever so often.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Change the angle of the deflectors. I have the Vic ones and no wobbles.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bike tires only for me. no darkside here.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the wobble kinda started after i put on the lower fork deflectors. a very slight kinda wobble but enough to make me slow down a bit. i still spank that ass ever so often.
Anything that changes how the air flows when it hits forks can cause unexpected things like wobble.
Like say you have one deflector a couple degrees different angle than the other side. As speed increases so does the differential in how the air is flowing and you'll have one side getting pushed differently than the other.

I guess if you plan to run fast pull the deflectors so they are not a factor and that should get you more stable.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how does it get to 150. i had a kawasaki 750 that would get to around 125 or so.
my victory has seen between 115 and 120. maybe take the bags,touring windshield,lowers off and try a run with no shield.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Read what his bike has in it

Take a look at the bottom of Half_Crazies post. It list what he has done to his bike. It is not even close to stock anymore. It sounds like he has a blast on it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts