Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I did the Lloydz AF, VFC and timing wheel (+4) recently. I am really happy overall with the results. Fiddles with the VFC settings and it runs atrong as F*ck. But.....Sometimes, especially when hot, I get a little pop from the exhaust when upshifting. I cannot for the life of me get it to go away. It did it from time to time before mods, but it is a little more frequent and a bit louder now. Any thoughts? BTW...stock exhaust...not stage 1

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You need to richen it up a bit at the pop spot ... You can pinpoint it on a PCV but I don't know about the VFC ....

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
As some of you may know, I did the Lloydz AF, VFC and timing wheel (+4) recently. I am really happy overall with the results. Fiddles with the VFC settings and it runs atrong as F*ck. But.....Sometimes, especially when hot, I get a little pop from the exhaust when upshifting. I cannot for the life of me get it to go away. It did it from time to time before mods, but it is a little more frequent and a bit louder now. Any thoughts? BTW...stock exhaust...not stage 1

what are your settings? i would drop the green a half to one point and try again.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I have found that I can minimize popping by minimizing the motion of my right wrist when shifting.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
If it just pops every now and then I wouldn't worry about it. Mine pops about 1/3 of the time and sometime it will pop when I start it up. My bike is stock except for WD pipes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My VFC settings are currently Green 3 Yellow 3 Red 2.5 Green/Blue 1 Yellow/Blue 4.5 Red/Blue 3.5. The center of my spark plugs are tan, the edge is black

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
I have found that I can minimize popping by minimizing the motion of my right wrist when shifting.
correct .. I found the same, ease the gass back... See if it makes a difference

If it just pops every now and then I wouldn't worry about it. Mine pops about 1/3 of the time and sometime it will pop when I start it up. My bike is stock except for WD pipes.
Complete stock you mean even the O2 sensors are still connected ?
My friend just bought a hardball and bone stock, even the O2 sensors are still connected, but he changed the exhaust to RPW swept and is irritated by the popping too ...
What solutions could i give him ?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
My VFC settings are currently Green 3 Yellow 3 Red 2.5 Green/Blue 1 Yellow/Blue 4.5 Red/Blue 3.5. The center of my spark plugs are tan, the edge is black

back the green down to 2 and try again.

i have pcv auto tune, cams, lloydz filter, timing wheel, my mufflers, zero popping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts