Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Price ? Sorry wasn't able to open the video.

Nothing "wrong" with the OEM. Expensive and others out there as good or better for less $$

sent from a small keyboard using fat fingers

·
13,177 Posts
Look up WIX oil filters there great and the price is cheaper then any Vic filter there rated very high when it comes to oil filters rummer is that Wix makes Napa filters.
P/N 51358 or 51356 auto stores get $6.98 for them
http://www.wixfilters.com/

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think this has been discussed before, but.... Who makes the filters for Victory. I know it's not Polaris...

When I look up the Wix filter, then look at the application chart for what all that filter fits, its a long list.

Here's the List

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Look up WIX oil filters there great and the price is cheaper then any Vic filter there rated very high when it comes to oil filters rummer is that Wix makes Napa filters.
P/N 51358 or 51356 auto stores get $6.98 for them
http://www.wixfilters.com/
It's not a rumor, Wix DOES indeed make the Napa Gold filter that fits our bikes. It's even printed right on the box.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a rumor, Wix DOES indeed make the Napa Gold filter that fits our bikes. It's even printed right on the box.
That's true and the Napa Platinum filter is supposed to be better than the gold according to those that make the Napa gold filter.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
51358 is for the older version V92 engine, for the 100 or 106 cubic inch motor it is 51356. thumb up http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Applications.aspx?Section=6
Interesting about the different filters between the V92 and the newer engines. When I get an oil change kit from the dealer, there is only one kit. My old V92TC uses the same kit as a new bike. The pack of different o-rings and seals for the different style drain plugs makes it a one size fits all kit. Same oil and filter for all bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Interesting about the different filters between the V92 and the newer engines. When I get an oil change kit from the dealer, there is only one kit. My old V92TC uses the same kit as a new bike. The pack of different o-rings and seals for the different style drain plugs makes it a one size fits all kit. Same oil and filter for all bikes.
if you look at by-pass setting and flow rate between the two part numbers. The older motor does not have the same pressure as the bigger motor.. That is the only difference that I see from the spec sheet..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
After some more research I'm going with the Wix 51356 oil Filter Specs:

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 3.402
Outer Diameter Top: 2.685
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=6/19
Burst Pressure-PSI: 363
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 2

Brand Information

Durning more than 70 years of innovation, including 1954 when we patented the first spin-on oil filter, WIX Filters has been at the forefront of oil filter technology and performance for passenger cars, light trucks, heavy trucks and buses, and off-highway vehicles. SAE J806 tests prove that WIX oil filters hold 45% more dirt than the leading national brand - meaning we keep filtering long after the competition has completely quit.

Some of the advantages of a WIX oil filter are: Arch-pleated, Prescription-blended Filter Media - provides a more than adequate filter area. The element has a controlled porosity blended media to assure complete filtration of the oil.
Spiral-wound Center Tube - provides internal element support. The spiral design greatly reduces initial flow restriction when compared to other designs.
Coiled Spring - ensures a constant load on the inner element to maintain the seal between the upper element end cap, the inner element support, and the mounting plate even during pressure surge situations.
Filter Canister - encloses the assembly with a mechanically-locked double seam. The canister provides ""flutes"" at the closed end for ease of removal with an oil filter wrench.
Silicone Anti-Drainback Valve - Stays flexible in extreme temperatures, improves oil flow and keeps oil in filter to prevent engine destroying dry starts. Also provides lasting protection to meet new vehicle manufacturers longer recommended oil change schedules. Nitrile valves can harden and become ineffective over time.

Wix also makes a 51356XP, XP I'm guessing for extra protection, the only difference is the media is Wire-Backed/Synthetic versus paper and the
Beta Ratio 2=20 versus 2/20=6/20 respectively.

Wix Product Page:

Wix 51356 & Wix 51356XP

Some good information:

·
Registered
608 Posts
After some more research I'm going with the Wix 51356 oil Filter Specs:

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 3.402
Outer Diameter Top: 2.685
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=6/19
Burst Pressure-PSI: 363
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 2

Brand Information

Durning more than 70 years of innovation, including 1954 when we patented the first spin-on oil filter, WIX Filters has been at the forefront of oil filter technology and performance for passenger cars, light trucks, heavy trucks and buses, and off-highway vehicles. SAE J806 tests prove that WIX oil filters hold 45% more dirt than the leading national brand - meaning we keep filtering long after the competition has completely quit.

Some of the advantages of a WIX oil filter are: Arch-pleated, Prescription-blended Filter Media - provides a more than adequate filter area. The element has a controlled porosity blended media to assure complete filtration of the oil.
Spiral-wound Center Tube - provides internal element support. The spiral design greatly reduces initial flow restriction when compared to other designs.
Coiled Spring - ensures a constant load on the inner element to maintain the seal between the upper element end cap, the inner element support, and the mounting plate even during pressure surge situations.
Filter Canister - encloses the assembly with a mechanically-locked double seam. The canister provides ""flutes"" at the closed end for ease of removal with an oil filter wrench.
Silicone Anti-Drainback Valve - Stays flexible in extreme temperatures, improves oil flow and keeps oil in filter to prevent engine destroying dry starts. Also provides lasting protection to meet new vehicle manufacturers longer recommended oil change schedules. Nitrile valves can harden and become ineffective over time.

Wix also makes a 51356XP, XP I'm guessing for extra protection, the only difference is the media is Wire-Backed/Synthetic versus paper and the
Beta Ratio 2=20 versus 2/20=6/20 respectively.

Wix Product Page:

Wix 51356 & Wix 51356XP

Some good information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLhfAFhkvs
That's the proof that running a high efficient filter for extended oil change intervals is a bad idea.
A high efficiency 5 micron filter is going to be very hard to pass 15-40 oil through. In that case the bypass will open and unfiltered oil will circulate through the motor.

It would be nice if this guy would test all the filters out there and tell us witch one does the best job at filtering with the least amount of delta P while using a thick oil like 15-40

Rob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts