Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all !!! always good to be with serious bikers.------I am 80yo---had heart attack 16yrs ago and gave up cars. 77 M/C and 25 maxi-scooters and half a million miles and many forums later---i had given up MCs 5 yrs ago with the chest full of machinery and went to scooters----a yr ago bought my first car in 15yrs and gave up scoots.------TODAY i bought a 2007 victory 8-BALL!! 3000 miles and beautiful!!!! tough time shifting again and handling the big boys---BUT i will accomplish this and love it!! THANKS to you all for sharing a small part of your world with an old guy with little hair ,few teeth, half a heart ,but a burning desire to participate. best to you all!! bkrdougthumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hi there Doug. I am also a sort of old guy, but not quite that old yet, I am only 65. You are ahead of me on heart attacks, I have none, but I have had my first triple bypass surgery and ride almost daily. I see no reason to ever give up riding if you enjoy it. I am looking at moving to a new Victory Vision from my present ride, a HD Road Glide Ultra. Hey, if you enjoy riding, do it. Ignore those doctors that think you are some kind of cripple just because you have an identified heart condition. How many of those same doctors really enjoy their lives and do what they really want to do? No doctor can understand the real joys of a man's heart when he enjoys riding. Did you ever see a movie called A Walk In The Clouds? The old man in that movie really understands where we are when he asks the younger man whether a doctor can understand the needs of a man's heart. That is my perspective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts