1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Aside from his "**** you if you don't ride like me" attitude, it looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Looks like fun...I think we know what Pain has coming.

Condoms prevent Minivans.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Watched a couple minutes and agree dirt/off road riding can be a blast BUT only if you're fit and preferably well under 40.

I grew up on dirt bikes and wish I could pound dirt like I used to. Alas; being well over 40 prevents that.

Have fun on your new bike Pain and I do hope you maintain good health insurance for those broken bones. :devil

I think us older farts do a bit better on quads. YMMV, FWIW, JMHO.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
CSC Motorcycles has a lineup of 250cc and 450cc bikes that are very affordable - aka cheap to buy. If I was in the market for a dirt bike, city bike or even an electric, I would grab one of theirs. It gets shipped to your door and has a great warranty program. Yeah, they are made in China, but by a company that cranks out over a million two wheelers a year and has been doing it for decades.
https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watched a couple minutes and agree dirt/off road riding can be a blast BUT only if you're fit and preferably well under 40.

I grew up on dirt bikes and wish I could pound dirt like I used to. Alas; being well over 40 prevents that.

Have fun on your new bike Pain and I do hope you maintain good health insurance for those broken bones. :devil

I think us older farts do a bit better on quads. YMMV, FWIW, JMHO.
I'm holding together pretty good for my 51 years. I don't anticipate any physical problems having to ride off road, in fact, I'm looking forward to the exercise of it (Sorry @broggyr... I know used the "e" word :| )

CSC Motorcycles has a lineup of 250cc and 450cc bikes that are very affordable - aka cheap to buy. If I was in the market for a dirt bike, city bike or even an electric, I would grab one of theirs. It gets shipped to your door and has a great warranty program. Yeah, they are made in China, but by a company that cranks out over a million two wheelers a year and has been doing it for decades.
https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/
I was close to going with a CSC TT250, because they fit the budget I set for my self...but ultimately went another route for two reasons 1. There's something about the looks of all Honda the NX250 clone bikes I don't quite like and 2: I found something with much more suitable suspension for a person my size and that I actually like the looks of
stay tuned ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
My plan upon retiring was to move to the west coast where there is an over-abundance of logging roads. Many are no longer used and you can go for days without seeing anyone. Most are mapped and with a GPS you're set. I had planned on trading in the 1100 Shadow for a V-Strom and really looked forward to disappearing for a few days at a time.

After planning on that for quite a few years I did move to the west coast but unfortunately before that did something which changed everything. Dreams went out the window faster than a speeding ticket.

I test rode a Kingpin. And the rest is history.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
You probably spared yourself a lot of scrapes, bruises and broken bones.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My plan upon retiring was to move to the west coast where there is an over-abundance of logging roads. Many are no longer used and you can go for days without seeing anyone. Most are mapped and with a GPS you're set. I had planned on trading in the 1100 Shadow for a V-Strom and really looked forward to disappearing for a few days at a time.

After planning on that for quite a few years I did move to the west coast but unfortunately before that did something which changed everything. Dreams went out the window faster than a speeding ticket.

I test rode a Kingpin. And the rest is history.
Too bad, you might have missed out on a whole new world of riding....Of course. I have no intention of giving up road riding, just want to expand my horizons. Best of all I'm doing this entire "expansion" for under $3000.... :)

You probably spared yourself a lot of scrapes, bruises and broken bones.
Bring um' on :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts