Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers from Toronto everybody, I thought I'd post up my Hammer finally and show some of the tweaks I've been working on. Here she is the day we met....

I've enjoyed her from the first time I twisted the throttle... Spent a season enjoying the relaxed vibes and feel of a big inch
factory "custom". Even almost bone stock I have people talking and asking questions at stop lights. Not a lot of these bikes around up here. So after most of a season doing this...

I've picked out a few key changes that needed to happen... Stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Nice looking Hammer, did you strap that bag on the rear fender?

I made a luggage rack myself, works great

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bag is mostly sitting on the back seat. A bit on the fender admittedly. Some rub marks on the paint behind the seat for sure, but nothing that didn't buff out. My solution for this year is clear wrap film. It gets messed up peel it off and put a new piece on. I agree a rack would solve the issue but I like how low and tight the bag sits now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had put a little windshield on to take the pressure off on those long highway stints. Just a little spitfire but it worked pretty well and looked alright...

Not exactly what I wanted but it did the trick. Then I found this in the classifieds...

Eureka! A change to a 7" round light allowed me to go to an led headlight and some led driving lights too..

Now we're talkin... I got the freakin Bat signal on the front of my bike!
So now the front is starting to look like a drag bike to match that fat back tire.. Big Discs next...

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
The bag is mostly sitting on the back seat. A bit on the fender admittedly. Some rub marks on the paint behind the seat for sure, but nothing that didn't buff out. My solution for this year is clear wrap film. It gets messed up peel it off and put a new piece on. I agree a rack would solve the issue but I like how low and tight the bag sits now.
The 2 things i use, the small one is for everyday use, and the stainless rack is for the big bag, very comfortable for your back, that is true

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bp, the tail bag is tidy on there. I usually leave the cowl on around town though, so I use a tank bag. What seat are you using?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Hey Bp, the tail bag is tidy on there. I usually leave the cowl on around town though, so I use a tank bag. What seat are you using?
I use a stock seat...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, next thing I figured out about Vic's is that the front brake on an 8-ball is abysmal...
So...

And a master from a zx something or other I had laying around..

Don't have pics yet but the system is completed with a pair of tokico 4 pots..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And last but not least, everyone's favourite topic.... Dyno tuning... In a happy turn of events, I was able to offer
my services to Dynojet to help with beta testing the Power Vision CX flash tuning tool...

I'll post up some graphs as soon as I pull em off the dyno computer but just doing some wot tuning gained about 6hp...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use a stock seat...

Duh, I just figured out yours is a Jackpot, not a Hammer... That's why your seat looks different... Is the Jackpot seat any more comfortable? I use an airhawk whenever I'm going to be on the bike for more than 2 or 3 hours...

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I use a stock seat...

Duh, I just figured out yours is a Jackpot, not a Hammer... That's why your seat looks different... Is the Jackpot seat any more comfortable? I use an airhawk whenever I'm going to be on the bike for more than 2 or 3 hours...
Hi hi, good one makeitfaster, nah mate I think the seats are all the same, even on my CCT i get numbnuts syndrome...

That airhawk must be really good hey?

I like your diskbeaks ... Very cool, I just bought the 2016 front forks of the hammer, (I had a small accident so my tube got bent) and was wondering about ceramic disks and the Lyndall brake pads

Now I run Lyndall brake pads on the stock single disk ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The airhawk is great. I sat on it for a 1200km day, approximately 14 hr day on the last day of a 7000kms road trip. Zero discomfort. I went riding the next day. It takes a minute to get the air pressure adjusted how you want it but after that it's golden. Lets some airflow through as well.

Those are 320 mm discs I put on. I want this thing to STOP if I want it to... Don't know much about the carbon ceramic rotors, other than they're light and spendy... I know a couple of guys who had them on some pretty serious sportsbikes but that was a case of more money than..... well whatever... I'd probably do it too if I had that cash burning a hole in my pocket. The one guy probably had as much in his brake setup as I had in my whole bike.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm having a custom adapter bracket made up. They're not finished yet but the same concept as the arlen Ness setup without the price tag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 2 things i use, the small one is for everyday use, and the stainless rack is for the big bag, very comfortable for your back, that is true

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I like the bag, where did you get it?

I once bought what I believe was called a back buddy. It was shaped like a roll bag but had a tongue that went under the passenger seat strap and laid in the seat. When you set on it the pad would be perfectly to your back. Lost it years ago and can't find anything like it out there. I don't want a drivers backrest, but something like this where I could use it as needed and take it off would be great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey neighbour, as far as I know there is no one around here specifically tuning Vics. I'm tuning mine at a friend's shop that I help out at. He mostly does race/turbo stuff but does a few street bikes as well.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
international hammers always used dual discs, i picked up a single fork with the disc mount, ebc rotors + some other takeoffs from conquest customs. a custom penske shock built for you + better riding + performing pirelli night dragon tyres make riding better.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts