Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for going on 27 years used a back pack while riding. Does well for toting lunch, water, most anything. Bear in mind that, predominately speaking here, I have owned Sport Bikes. Fast forward to my new High Ball. Unfortunately for me, I noticed to late that my Back Pack was riding on my rear fender:mad:. This resulted in scratches. Not cool in my book. It's something I never thought of due to the fact that I have been using a back pack for so long. I ordered my new Ginz Choppers Sissy Bar/Luggage Rack todaythumb up, but none the less. Just a little heads up for those of you planning on using a back pack on your High Ball.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I ordered my new Ginz Choppers Sissy Bar/Luggage Rack todaythumb up, but none the less. Just a little heads up for those of you planning on using a back pack on your High Ball.
Sounds like a sales plug for Ginz Choppers .... ;) ;) :ride:

(just kiddin of course)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I hear you brother , I smolded my seat cowl on my Hammer wearing a back pack . I was so pissed ...:mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a sales plug for Ginz Choppers .... ;) ;) :ride:

(just kiddin of course)
D'OH!!!

I just got back from the local Target and found an Igloo Back Pack Cooler. Rides very high on the back and just might do the trick.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
D'OH!!!

I just got back from the local Target and found an Igloo Back Pack Cooler. Rides very high on the back and just might do the trick.
RATS, Target has pulled out of Canada.... oh well, I never wear back paks anyhoo ;-)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hmm, I never thought about thIs. I wear a backpack sometimes for the same reason, lunch, work clothes, etc. Thank Goodness for my pillion.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I just put a large swing arm bag on my Highball and eliminated the need for a backpack all together. I also bought 2 different sizes of "bikers friends" best invention ever. Completely water proof and extremely durable. With the swingarm bag and the large bikers friend roll I could do 5 day trips without doing laundry. The small bikers friend was good for overnight trips only or day trips. It would hold a change of clothes and rain gear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RATS, Target has pulled out of Canada.... oh well, I never wear back paks anyhoo ;-)
WHAT!?!?!? No Target? Then you'd be forced to shop at, GULP, Walmart...:crzy:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
WHAT!?!?!? No Target? Then you'd be forced to shop at, GULP, Walmart...:crzy:
We had Target for a while... they bought out Zellers. Nothing changed in the stores other than signage... still the same old crap junk that Zellers carried. Walmart is tons better. We even have their super centers here. Heck, I just bought some nose cushions for my sunglasses there! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
We had Target for a while... they bought out Zellers. Nothing changed in the stores other than signage... still the same old crap junk that Zellers carried. Walmart is tons better. We even have their super centers here. Heck, I just bought some nose cushions for my sunglasses there! LOL

Walmart is exactly what is wrong with the world today... Shopping at Walmart kills our local economies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just get the black solo rack,looks good on all models.
While I do understand that this isn't exactly the model for 2 up riding, I did go ahead and buy a Corbin "Young Guns" 2 up seat. I have a very understanding wife (RBTL's, she puts up with all my sheeet), who loves to head out for a ride when the timing is right as far as parental obligations. So, the Young guns gives me a low profile, along with the 20" Sissy Bar w/luggage rack, oughtta do the trick, I hope...cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
My bike came with a sissy bar and a small bag that rested on the rear fender. Left an abrasion on the fender. I like the suede black paint on the highball but it is delicate.
I moved the bag to the swing arm and keep a small backpack rolled up in my toolbag for when I need to pick up a few things from the store on the way home.
The key is to not let anything touch the paint.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just put a large swing arm bag on my Highball and eliminated the need for a backpack all together. I also bought 2 different sizes of "bikers friends" best invention ever. Completely water proof and extremely durable. With the swingarm bag and the large bikers friend roll I could do 5 day trips without doing laundry. The small bikers friend was good for overnight trips only or day trips. It would hold a change of clothes and rain gear.
What is this "bikers friend?"
Post a pic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts