Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody think 36k on this bike is too much?? run/rides nice has bassani 2into 1s and drag bars ,previous owner was retiree who went everywhere, dont want to make bad decision so wondering if anybody with higher mileage victory bikes has any input about issues etc, any help is appriciatedcheers

·
Registered
755 Posts
Back around mid march I bought an 03 Vegas with 21k miles on it. Bike runs great and have no problems whatsoever and I've already put on more then 2k miles on the odo. thumb up :D

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I have an 06 Jackpot with 40k and no issues.

Ask the owner which download he did on the bike when he installed the pipes. It is important that he did a download. If he didn't, the bike would have been running lean and may have internal damage.

Downloads would be Stage 1, S&S or 05 Hammer Drag pipe download.

The Hammer is the best download.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for all help guys, just hope this bike still "hauthumb upls ass",.. was a toss up between this and harley nighttrain

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
While the NightTrain is pretty cool looking you'll be kicking yourself in a couple of weeks because of the HP and TQ you will be loosing to the Vic.

I don't know this for fact but at least 5 people I know that ride HD's say the Night Train is the most uncomfortable bike in the HD lineup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
does anybody think 36k on this bike is too much?? run/rides nice has bassani 2into 1s and drag bars ,previous owner was retiree who went everywhere, dont want to make bad decision so wondering if anybody with higher mileage victory bikes has any input about issues etc, any help is appriciatedcheers
I hope that's not a lot of milage as I have 65,000 on my 04 Vegas.
:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is like low miles. Wife put 55k on her Kingpin, has 39K or so on the Vision. I have a friend who has over 114K on his 04, never a issue with the bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I talked to a guy the other day that had a Vegas that he drag raced. The funny thing is he said he didn't start drag racing it untill 55,000 miles and has 78,000 on it now. He told me hes raced it a lot and tried to blow the motor so he could put a big bore kit in it. He said it still runs like new and hes give up on the big bore kit for now.Pretty wild because one of my HDs with a 108 hp was pretty crippled at 20,000 so much so I was afraid of getting stranded and sold it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts